Gabbing

Hermione sent identical letters via owl to Ginny and Susan.

Hey,

I have feelings. Girls' Night?

--Hermione

Ginny regarded the note appraisingly. Harry handed her a cup of coffee. "Something interesting?"

Ginny nodded. "Hermione wants a Girls' Night. Apparently, she has feelings."

Harry looked surprised. "Since when?"

Ginny shrugged. "How much do you want to bet it has something to do with the Ferret?"

Harry smirked. "It probably does so I can't take that bet. Full report?"

Ginny set her coffee down and wrapped her arms around Harry's neck. "You know I can't betray the sanctity of Girls' Night."

Harry stuck his bottom lip out in an exaggerated pout. "But Gin, Hermione has feelings. When has this ever happened before?"

Ginny patted him on the cheek. "Nice try, Potter." She suddenly gasped. "Oh my god, what she loves him?"

Harry snorted. "Doubt it. First of all, too soon. Second of all, why?"

Ginny rolled her eyes. "When are you finally going to admit that you kinda sorta don't hate Malfoy?"

"Tell you what. If Hermione marries him and it becomes evident that there's absolutely no escaping him, I'll shake his hand and say, 'Malfoy, you're alright.'"

Ginny's eyes narrowed. "You only say that because you don't think it's going to happen."

"I'm positive it won't."

Ginny sipped her coffee thoughtfully. "Wanna bet?"

Harry laughed. "Are you actually suggesting that there is a snowflake's chance in the seven hells Hermione would join the Ferret in holy matrimony?"

"If you win, I'll have another baby."

Harry paused. Dammit Gin, you treacherous vixen!

Ginny smirked in triumph. She knew he wanted another daughter. He dropped hints every now and then about how Lily was growing up so fast and "Remember when she was just a little thing and the little pigtails and the little dolls." Ginny remained unmoved. Harry was born to be a daughter's daddy. And Lily was more than happy to play the "daddy's little girl" card.

Ginny, on the other hand, understood raising boys. Quidditch, fart jokes, playing in the dirt. Simple. Girls were hard. I mean, Lily was an absolute angel, and Ginny loved her like the devil, but girls were fucking hard. The clothes, the grooming, the mind-games—and that was just from raising Albus. As much as she didn't relish the idea of having another baby, she'd do it with a relatively low amount of grumbling if she lost. And if she won.... Yeah. It would definitely be worth it.

Harry folded his arms. "Another daughter?"

Ginny nodded. "You got it, babe. And if I win, you will finally quit that horrible job that is obviously sucking the life out of you."

Harry snorted. "Where is this coming from? I love my job."

Ginny wagged a finger at him. "Uh-uh-uh. You loved being an Auror. Your current job is mostly paperwork and you know it."

Harry sighed. He didn't mean to complain so much about his job. But hot damn it was fucking boring. "Meh. What the hell? You've got yourself a bargain."