Call It A Bloke Thing

Hermione sat at her desk enjoying a relaxing cup of tea after the day's classes. She leaned back in her chair, thinking fondly of her dinner with Draco two nights ago. She never expected him to be so easy to talk to. And so...Prince Charming-ish. He had made her laugh, and the way he looked at her...There they go. There go my knickers.

"Sup my ninja?"

"Oof." Leaning back in her chair, Hermione came perilously close to spilling her tea again.

"Harry! How many times do I have to tell you not to sneak up on me like that? I'm getting you a fucking bell for Christmas."

"Grading essays? Any of my brats' work in that pile there?" Harry ignored her and walked over to the chair opposite her, propping his feet precariously up on her desk.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just thought I'd stop by and see if you wanted to grab a bite. Ginny's at a hen do for one of her old friends on the Harpies. I'm bored."

"Well thank you for choosing me. Let me finish my tea and we can go."

He rested his hands on the back of his head and smirked at her.

"What?"

His eyes narrowed and his smirk deepened.

"What?"

"Guess who I ran into today?"

"Not playing this game."

"His name starts with 'D', ferret-faced prat, way too much money, son's a horny little monster."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "You continue to be non-funny."

"You had dinner with him."

"Yeah."

"You like him."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Whatever happened to 'I can't be involved in this'? We're trying to be—"

"Discreet. Yeah I got that. Malfoy said the same thing. Loud and clear."

"So why are we talking about it? In a school full of magical children who could be listening at any moment?"

"Because it's making you uncomfortable which means you'll drink more at dinner which means I might be able to convince you to do your Minerva impersonation."

"You are dead set on getting me fired, aren't you?"

"What can I say? I miss my work wife." Harry removed his feet from her desk. "Now finish your fucking tea woman. I don't have all evening."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "There he is. There's my work husband."

_________________________________________________________

Harry and Hermione sat at the bar at the Three Broomsticks tucking into their fish and chips.

"You still coming around for dinner this weekend? Ginny's making a roast." Harry asked, sipping on his Firewhiskey.

Hermione nodded. "I was...kind of thinking about...maybe—"

"Asking a certain blond prat if he wants to come too?"

Hermione sighed. "Is it too soon for that do you think?"

Harry shook his head. "Not with him. You both are fully grown adults. You don't have to pretend that you like each other less than you do. Because he certainly fancies you."