Get It

"It's fucking cold."

Scorpius rolled his eyes. Albus never was one to stand for even a moment of physical discomfort. Honestly, people thought he was spoiled. "So go back to the castle and take the carriages with the first and second years."

"Absolutely not. What if I accidentally exercised? I don't think the female population of Hogwarts is ready for that."

It was the last day of term, and all the students from the third year up were waiting for the Hogwarts Express in Hogsmeade. Some browsed the shops and did a bit of last minute shopping. Some snuggled inside Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop for some last cozy moments with their significant other. Some piled inside the Hog's Head to get good and pissed before spending the next few weeks at home with their families.

"Should we pop over to the Three Broomsticks?" Albus asked.

"Meh. I don't know. I'm sort of bored with it. And I think we should at least make an attempt to patron other—"

"Scorpius!"

He turned to find a red-headed figure bounding towards him. He flushed pink.

"We were just about to go to the Three Broomsticks," Rose motioned to her friend—an ash blond Gryffindor girl whose name Scorpius had never mustered the energy to remember. "Would you two like to join us?"

Scorpius's heart pounded in his chest. "That's so funny. I was just saying to Albus how much I'd like to go there."

Rose beamed. "It's my favorite place in Hogsmeade."

"Mine too. I love the Three Broomsticks. Albus, tell her how much I love the Three Broomsticks."

Albus rolled his eyes and inspected the cleanliness of his fingernails. "He loves the Three Broomsticks," he droned dully.

Rose grinned. "Great. Well...shall we?"

As Scorpius smiled after Rose, he felt a hard smack to the back of his head. "Ow! What the bloody hell was that for?"

"As precious as the two of you are to watch, I never agreed to be your wing man—"

"—I know—."

"—But of course I'm going to do it anyway because I made a bet with Simon as to which of you would finally win this game of will they/won't they chicken you're playing with each other—"

"—You're a treasure. Truly you are—."

"—And you're insane if you think you can keep dragging this out. My Galleons might be on her—"

"—Oi, mate. Really?—"

"—but if I have to sit through an hour of watching you two blush behind your hands at each other so help me God I will puke so profusely Madam Rosmerta's floors will never be the same again."

Scorpius huffed. "You done?"

"Quite."

"I owe you one."

Albus scoffed as he followed Scorpius into the pub. "I've lost count of all the 'ones' you owe me at this point."

The pub was warm and packed with students. Scorpius and Albus made their way to a table where Rose and...Scorpius wanted to say Gemma (?)...were waiting.

Rose beamed at him. "I already ordered us some drinks. Both of you know Jenny, right?"

Close enough.