Chapter 1

October, 2015

Perrie opened her laptop and logged in on Skype. She searched through her contact list and clicked on Lucy's name. She dialled and waited for her to pick up.
''Hey Lucy, what's up?''
''Hey Pez, have you already finished the homework for biology?''
''Nah, I didn't.''
Perrie was the kind of student who always finished her homework which caused all the others to ask her for it.
"Urgh, I really don't feel like doing it."
"Same, I was planning to do so but I'd rather just enjoy my day off."
Perrie and Lucy didn't have school that day because all teachers had a celebration.
"Do you mind if I go? I told my boyfriend I would visit him today."
Lucy has had a boyfriend since a few weeks. She met him online via a chatsite. Perrie first didn't believe it because Lucy was always joking about her and boys. She didn't believe her friend was ready for a serious relationship. Perrie was surprised but despite that, really happy for her.
"Oh, no of course not. You should go! Have fun with him.''
"I sure will." she said before smiling.
"Thank you! Bye, Pez"
"Bye Lucy."
She logged out from Skype and shut down her laptop.

She and Lucy had been friends for some years already. They met at primary school and had been friends ever since. Perrie didn't really have a lot of friends but she was satisfied with what she had. She could share anything with Lucy and they had the most fun everytime they were together. Lucy did however have more friends. She was the more popular girl at school but Perrie didn't bother to meet her other friends. She knew they weren't her type of people and she didn't want to waste time on people who she didn't feel comfortable with.

''What do we have for dinner today, mom?''
Perrie hoped her mum would've made something like lasagne or pizza.
''I've made a delicious vegetable salad. I felt like cooking something healthy today.''
''Urgh, why mom. You know I don't like that. When will you ever understand?''
''Don't make such a drama of it, Pez. It's just dinner.''
Perrie sat down on a kitchen chair and waited for her mother to serve. This really wasn't what she was hoping for. She hated her mums salads. She always made it taste so bad which made Perrie hate vegetables.
''Here you go, just eat it.''
They both ate the food without saying anything to each other. It was even a bit awkward.
''Mum.''
'' Yes?''
''Do you remember when we sat here with dad? We used to always fight because I didn't want to eat the vegetables.''
'' Yes, sweety. I do remember. You were a terrible eater.''
She even smiled when she said that, but Perrie could see her mum tearing up. They never really talked a lot about her dad after he passed away. Perrie knew it was hard for her mum, and so it was for her. They were very close as a family and it came a complete surprise when he died.
"I'm sorry mom. I know I can be hard sometimes, but I never meant to be a bad child. I just..I dont know. Just.. I'm sorry."
"It's okay, Pez. I love you anyways. Just finish dinner so I can do the dishes."

Perrie decided to finish up her biology homework. She knew if she wouldn't her teacher wouldn't mind too much but she still wanted to finish it. Mr. Oxlade-Chamberlain was one of Perries favourite teachers. He understood her and they always had the best conversations. Perrie was one of the few students who could call him by his first name, Alex. She always enjoyed biology class, it never got boring.

Perrie was tired but she didn't want to go to sleep yet. The day after she'd have school again and she really wasn't looking forward to it. She and Lucy always cycled together to school so she would have to hear all the details about what she and her boyfriend did the night before. Lucy was always bragging about her and her boyfriend. She seemed a little bit too proud of the fact that she had one. Perrie didn't have a boyfriend, although she wished she had one. Boys never saw Perrie as an attractive girl, they always went straight to Lucy. Apparently she was the one who could get any boy that she wanted. 

She decided to finally go to bed. She didn't want to be a wreck at school the next day. She turned off the TV that she put on an hour ago. She was planning on watching a film but then she realised she actually wasn't in the mood for a film. She walked upstairs after she told her mom goodnight. She took a quick shower and put on her flowery PJ's. She laid down in her bed and she couldn't have fallen asleep any sooner.