Chapter 15

"Oh my god." she whispered.
Perrie had just woken up, feeling horrible. The night before she had sex with Alex, but she couldn't remember that she had forgotten her contraception pill the morning before. That was what she had forgotten! How stupid was she. First forgetting something like that, then drinking, and then having sex as if nothing else in the world mattered. Oh, and let's not forget all the lies she had told her mum to make sure she wouldn't know about her and her relationship with a freaking teacher! She was all messed up, she shouldn't have started all of this in the first place. Why on earth did she have to fall in love with her teacher? Why not just with a classmate, or someone that she met at a sports club? Why did her life have to be this complicated? She loved Alex but she hated how this was going. Lying to her mum was nothing that she would do because liked to. In fact, she hadn't felt as guilty as she did now. Perrie decided to call Alex. She had to be honest with him about how she felt. Her phone was trying to reach Alex's and after a few seconds, she could hear him breathing on the other side of the line.
"Hello darling, what's up?" he asked.
"Hey.. uhm.. I need to talk to you." she said.
"About what? Is something wrong?"
"No, well, yes. I don't know. I want to talk about us." she said.
"Perrie. What is going, did I do something wrong?"
"No you didn't. I did. I should've never started this whole relationship."
"Pez, baby, are you breaking up with me? We can talk this through, okay? If there's a problem, there's a solution."
"I'm not breaking up with you, I love you! I just need to talk to you. Can I come by today?"
"Yeah sure, anytime. I'll see you later."
"Thank you. See you."
She hung up, and not much later a tear rolled over her cheek. And then another one. Gosh, they didn't stop coming. Was she crying? Yeah, she probably was. She tried to fix her face with some make-up before she'd leave. Alex couldn't see her like this, she looked as if she had just been attacked by a wild animal.

Her fist hit the door several times before he finally opened the door.
"Hey come in. Sorry, I was making myself some tea, do you want too?"
"Sure."
They took place on the sofa that they had been laying on the previous night.
"So, what's going on." he asked.
Perrie turned her head towards him and started to pour her heart out.
"I can't do this. It's too hard for me to lie to my mother about it and I can't keep it a secret forever."
"We can try to find a way to live with it. We could move away and you can tell your mum you've met someone who you love. She doesn't need to know it's me."
"Yeah, but someday she wants to meet you, I'm sure!"
"Perrie. I don't want to get you in trouble. But I love you, and I want to spend my life with you. Can we please enjoy the time we have without worrying?"
"I love you too. But it's so hard for me, can you understand that?"
"I do."
They stayed silent for some time. Only he placed his hands on her legs, trying to make her feel comfortable. It didn't seem to help.
"What if today we are going to the park and enjoy ourselves? Like we used to do."
"Okay. I'd love to. And don't get me wrong, I still love you."
"I know, baby. I love you too."
They stood up from the soft sofa and left the house. They went to the park on their bikes and went to sit on the same bench as they sat on the first time. The rest of the day they spent together. Alex was right about what he said, because Perrie had actually forgotten about her worries. Of course she'd think about it when she got home but she tried not to think about it and just enjoy with Alex.
Around dinner time she went home and Alex went as well. They gave each other a goodbye-kiss and went their own ways.

A few days later it was Friday and Perrie had no school, everybody was off. She was home alone because her mother was at work. It was still early in the morning but Perrie was already awake. She had so much pain in her belly, so she took an asprin. Hopefully, that would help. But after a few hours she still felt the pain. What could it be? Would she have eaten something wrong the day before? Nah, it probably was something else. She decided to google it. She clicked on the website that came up first. Some of the things that came up were constipation, period cramps and kidney stones, but none of those seemed to be the case of Perries pain.
Lastly on that list it said what she was most afraid of. Pregnancy. Wait, could that actually be possible? She was  only 15, that can't be true! Perrie freaked out and shut down her laptop.  No, no, no, no, no. This is not going on. How could she know for sure? She definitely wasn't going to buy a pregnancy test, that'd be so awkward! Should she go to the doctor? No, first she needed to think. She looked up all the symtoms of being pregnant and this made her worry even more
Literally everything that was listed, was accurate. She grabbed her phone and called Alex. He needed to know about this, if it was true. 
"Alex. We need to talk."

"Sit down, sweetie. Calm down and take a deep breath." he told her. Perrie had gone to Alex's house to talk. He didn't know anything yet because she wanted to tell him in person.
"Alex. Something might be wrong with me. Very wrong."
"Tell me, what is going on!"
"I'm scared. And I'm not sure."
"You can tell me, I won't judge you."
"I think...I think I might be pregnant."
"What?! Pregnant? How? Why do you think this?"
"I woke up with heavy cramps and I looked up the symtoms and literally everything was true. I'm sorry!"
"Don't be sorry. This is my fault too. We should have done it safely. I'm sorry too. What do you want to do next? You should go see a doctor and if you want I can go with you!"
"I'd be happy if you did, yes."
"We'll go tomorrow, okay? I'll call the doctor."
"Thank you so much."
"Do you want to stay with me tonight? Or would you rather go home?"
"Well, I don't think I can act normally around my mother now that this is going on." she mentioned.
"Okay, then you stay here tonight, no problem. And don't worry, you're not even sure yet."
"I am probably right! I mean, I forgot my pill, we had sex unsafely, and some time later I have cramps. This can't be a coincidence!"
"Stay calm, honey. We go to the doctor tomorrow, and only then you have all the right to worry." he tried to calm her down.
"Are you saying I'm not allowed to feel what I feel? That's insane!"
"No, I'm not saying that. I just don't want you to stress so badly when you're not even sure."
"I'm sorry..."
"Go lay down for some time, maybe you'll feel better afterwards. I'll make an appointment with the doctor."
"Thank you." she said.
And she went to lay down on the sofa.