Chapter 16

"What time do we need to be there?" Perrie asked.
"The doctor said we could visit her between 11 AM and 12 PM. So if you get ready, then we can leave." he said.
"Okay, I'll take a shower really quickly."
She undressed herself and took a towel to the bathroom. She opened the tap and went to stand under the showerhead where water was coming from. She felt awful, even though Alex had been very supporting. She loved him for that, but it didn't make her feel better. What if she really was pregnant. She'd have to tell her mum, and she was going to be so angry! Perrie took the soap from Alex's drawer and washed herself with it. Trying to wash the worries off of her. When the soap had touched every spot of her body, she stopped the water supply and she dried herself with the towel. She heard a voice in the distance asking whether she was almost done.
"Yes, I'll be done in a sec." she answered.
She looked for a comfortable hoodie from Alex's closet, because she didn't care looking good today. She just wanted to feel better than she did. She was terrified and she hoped the doctor could help her. She went downstairs and together they went to their appointment. 

"Miss Edwards?"
She raised her hand and confirmed she was there. Alex took her hand and together they entered the office where the doctor was sitting. Perrie saw she was female so she was glad about that. No way she was going to discuss this with a man!
"Hello, miss. What can I help you with?" she asked.
"Well...I'm not completely sure but..uhm...I might be pregnant?"
Luckily the doctor responded normally and she didn't act surprised because she probably knew how embarrassed Perrie felt.
"And you're 15 now?" she asked.
"Yeah, I am."
"You could try to do a pregnancy test if you'd like. We have them here and they're very accurate.''
''Uhm, okay.''
Perrie got helped by the doctor and Alex was very supportive. At the end of the appointment it was sure. Perrie actually was pregnant. Even though she had expected it already, she was shocked. She was only 15, and she was going to get a child!
She went home with Alex and on their way home they hadn't said a word. Alex had tried to start a conversation but Perrie was not up for that. Not because she was angry, because she wasn't, but because she was scared. Scared of what was coming next. She had to tell her mum someday, and she was going to be furious. Then she would want to know whose it is from, and she'd get even more angry!
When they got home, Perrie was finally ready to speak.
''Alex.''
''Yes, sweetie?''
''I'm scared. I don't want to tell my mum.''
''Well, I'm not trying to be blunt, but someday you will have to.'' he said.
''Yeah, I know that. But I still don't want to.''
''What if you do it as soon as possible. So you're over with it.''
''I think that's the best. But what if she's really angry?''
''She's still your mum so I'm sure she will be supportive, don't worry.''
''I hope so... I could tell her this Sunday.''
''You could, yes. And remember that I'm proud of you whatever choice you make, okay?''
''Thank you, Alex.'' she kissed him.
He kissed her back and they stood there for a couple of minutes. This could be the last time they could be together. What if her mum would never let her go out of the house again? 

She went home and tried to act as normal as she could. Hopefully her mother wouldn't start asking her questions. The rest of the days went quite normally, for as far as possible. She hadn't told her mother anything yet because she wanted to do that during dinner. Maybe food would soften the situation. She had never been so scared before in her life, but she had to do it. Also for Alex. She was glad he was so supportive, otherwise she would have never been able to do all this.
Her mum was already cooking dinner so it wouldn't take much longer before she had to tell her. Perrie was setting the table and when dinner was ready, she and her mother sat down and enjoyed their meal. Well, her mother enjoyed. Perrie couldn't get anything down her throat. 
''Mum. I need to tell you something.''
''What? Is something going on?''
''Well, actually yes. But I don't really know how to tell you?''
''Just tell me, because otherwise we're still sitting here tomorrow morning.''
''I'm pregnant.'' she said quickly.
''You're what? Is this a joke, or what?''
''It's not. I'm not kidding. Please, don't be angry.''
''I am! You are only 15 fricking years old! How could you do this?''
''I don't know! I'm not happy either. But I can't help it!''
''Who is it from? Do I know him?''
''It's Alex's.''
''Who the frick is Alex?'''
''Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.''
''Wait. You're biology teacher is also called Chamberlain. It is his?!'' she asked frustrated.
''It is, yes...''
''But Perrie! How on earth could you do this? This is by far the most stupid thing you could have done!''
''Mum, please! You have to understand me! I didn't do this on purpose!''
''Please...Just..shut up for a second. I need to think.'' 
'No, mum! It's my problem, not yours. I'm the one who needs to think, and you need to understand me!''
''God, I wish I had another daughter. Someone who wouldn't do something stupid like this when she's only 15.''
Perrie was shocked her mother actually said that. She ran upstairs and texted Alex about it. Luckily he responded quickly and he said she could come to him if she needed that. Of course she did! She couldn't stay here with her furious mother who probably didn't want to see her ever again. She grabbed some stuff that she needed, like clothes and her toothbrush, packed her bag and sneaked out of the house. She took her bike out of the garage and cycled to Alex's as fast as she could. Alex tried to comfort her and made her something to eat. He decided it would be wise if she would stay for some nights, just to get her head empty and so she wouldn't  have to be in a house with an angry mother. Perrie agreed to that and so she stayed with Alex. The only one who was supportive and would help her to feel as good as she could at the moment.