Chapter 12

The next morning Perrie got woken up by the rustling sound that came from outside Alex's bedroom. She had been sleeping with him because he had a double bed. Today she had no school because it was Saturday, so she could sleep for as long as she wanted. Perrie turned around and saw the other side of the bed was empty. She wondered where Alex could be, but she felt too tired to think about it for any longer. She closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep again, but she couldn't. Just after she opened her eyes again, somebody knocked on the door. It could be Alex, she thought.
"Come in." she said.
Alex stepped inside with a plate full of food. He held it in his hands.
"Have I woken you up?" he asked.
"I guess, but this looks delicious!" she said cheerfully.
"I made it for you." he said.
He walked closer to Perrie and placed the plate on her lap. She carefully inspected what was on there. Fresh bread, a croissant, a sweet chocolate thingy from which she didn't know what it was exactly, and an apple. Alex magically took a glass of orange juice from behind him and gave it to her.
"Bon appetit, my darling." he said, trying to sound French.
"Merci." she responded.
He gave her a kiss on her cheeck and stroke with his fingers through her hair.
"You're the best." Perrie said.
Alex could only respond by smiling ans giving her another kiss. This time Perrie didn't hold back and pulled him towards her to cuddle him.
"Watch out!" Alex said.
Perrie almost accidentally threw her food on the ground.
She continued eating, with Alex next to her on the bed.
"Do you like it?" he asked.
"I love it!"
"I love you." he said jokingly.
Perrie smiled. She had never felt this lucky before. Even though it started roughly, she couldn't have been happier than she was in this relationship.
"Why did you do this for me?" she asked.
"Because I love you, and you deserve to be treated well."
"Ahw, that's so sweet!" she said.
She finished her breakfast and just when she had finished, Alex said something.
"Perrie?"
"Yes?"
"I have a surprise for you, later today."
"Oeh, I love surprises. Is it a good one?"
"I hope so, but I'm not going to tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise if I did, right?"
"Right. But now you've made me curious!" she said.
"Just make sure you wear something pretty tonight, okay?"
"Sure." she said.
"Do you want to stay another day, by the way? Then you shouldn't forget to ask her."
"I'll call her later."

The day went by as normal. Perrie had told her mum she was staying another night. She said she was with Lucy because if her mum would discover what was really going on, she'd be screwed. Her mum wasn't always the easiest. She was very strict about going out and coming home late. Perrie learned to live with it but of course she didn't like it. She wished her mother would do fun things with her, but she was always busy with herself. She was glad she had finally met someone who truly loved her and who did actually make time for her.
It was dinner time so Alex was preparing something in the kitchen. Perrie wasn't allowed to know already so she had to stay upstairs. Was this already part of the surprise? She figured she could already change clothes. Even if it wasn't the surprise, looking good never hurt her. Then she realised she didn't bring anything. She hadn't even brought a toothbrush, but luckily Alex had some spare ones. She had slept in her underwear the night before but she didn't mind. But having no extra clothes was a problem. Alex lived by himself so there was nothing that Perrie could borrow. Alex was still busy with the food so she couldn't go downstairs to tell him. That's why she decided to keep on her own clothes.
After some time having waited, Alex called her. 
''Pez, you can come downstairs.''
Perrie yelled back to tell him she was coming. She walked down the stairs and opened the door that lead to the kitchen and the living room. When she entered the kitchen she couldn't believe her eyes. The table was decorated with different tablecloths and he had put burning candles on there. 
''Alex, this looks amazing! Have you done this all by yourself?'' she asked
''Yes, but it wasn't so much work.''
Just when he finished his sentence, Perrie threw herself at him. 
''Alex, this is so sweet, again!''
''It's nothing, you're more important to me than anything else. You deserve it.'' he said. 
Perrie kissed him and after that, Alex went to get the food. It was meat that looked like beef, and some potato-like salad. It looked delicious so they couldn't wait to start eating. Perrie took a first bite and she already loved it.''
''You're such a great cook.'' she said.
''You think so? Thank you.''
They continued eating but then Perrie broke the silence. 
''Alex.'' she said seriously.
He looked at her as if something bad was going on.
''How are we going to do this at school? We can't be together all the time but I can't miss you the entire day.''
''We could say we only see each other in the break. During lunchtime.''
''That's fine.'' she agreed.
''Now you know where I live so you can come by anytime you want. Just let me know when you're coming.''
''Okay. I hope I can remember how to come here.''

''I'll text you the adress so you can use google maps.'' he said laughing.
''Thanks.'' 

After they finished dinner, they washed the dishes together. 
''I love you.'' he said out of nothing. 
''I love you too.'' Perrie said.
''This was not the surprise, by the way. Well, only part of it.''
''Oh, what's the other part then.''
''Can't tell you yet.'' he said.
''Oh Alex, I totally forgot, but I didn't bring any pretty clothes that you asked me to wear.''
''Ah, that's right. I forgot. Well, you look pretty anyway, so don't worry.''
Perrie blushed and thanked him. 
''We're going somewhere in about an hour, so if you want we could relax?''
''Yeah, sure!''
They finished the dishes and went upstairs to their room. They made up the bed and put some pillows behind them in order for them to sit comfortably. They talked about a lot of things. About their lives and what they were like before they knew each other. Perrie enjoyed talking to him. It meant they could both have fun and have serious conversations from time to time. She liked that because she felt comfortable around him. She finally had someone who she could tell anything that she was struggling with. 

After their useful conversation, they got ready to leave. Alex got his bag with some money and Perrie took a seat in Alex's car. When he went to sit next to her, he started the engine and drove away from his house. 

''Can you tell me already?''
''What?''
''Where we are going.''
''Oh, sure.''
It remained silent.
''Well..?''
''Oh. We're going to the cinema.''
''Ah, that's so fun! What film did you have in mind?'' 
''Something romantic? Or would you like something else?''
''No, I love that!''
''Great.''
Once they arrived, he parked his car and they walked inside together. 
''We could go to 'Beauty and the Beast', if you want? You probably know what it's about.'' Perrie said.
''Of course, I'll buy us two tickets and some popcorn, you want some too?'' he asked.
''Hmm, yes!'' 
After they bought everything they needed, they went to the theater and waited for the film to start. Perrie enjoyed it, while hanging against Alex's chest. 

About 2 hours later, the film had ended. It was 10pm, so the sky had turned black and it got colder outside. Alex and Perrie went back home.
''Did you enjoy?'' Alex asked.
''I did! Especially the part where you kissed me on places I didn't even know existed.''
Alex laughed and placed his hand on her lap.
''That was only the beginning.'' he whispered.