Chapter 9

The message she received from mr. Chamberlain, Alex, really touched her. Even though she was still mad, she felt better after what he said. He did feel sorry, and even though he wasn't honest, she had a great time chatting with him. Plus, she couldn't deny that she really liked him too, she just didn't know it was him that she was chatting with.
She felt like she wanted to give him a chance because his desire for her, could be mutual.
She stayed home another day because her mum wouldn't notice anyway, and so she could think about what she should do. Perrie was still in doubt whether or not to tell him, that she liked him too, because that was the truth. She liked him, and he liked her.
The rest of the day she watched some series that she was following online and thought about the situation she was in. She decided that she'd go to school again the next day and tell him what she felt. Of course it was scary but she was brave and she believed she could do it. What did she have to lose? He liked her already.

Then the day finally arrived. That day she was going to tell her teacher that she liked him too! How scary it might have been, she felt good. She felt like she was finally going to open up and she was finally being honest. Perrie first made herself ready for school, and she couldn't resist to put on some extra make-up. It wasn't needed though, he already liked her so she didn't have to persuade him. And even if she had to, them being in love together doesn't mean they should get to dating immediately. Her plan was just to tell him, nothing more, nothing less. God, she was so nervous. Almost frightened.

She cycled to school and she passed the place where mr. Chamberlain always parked his car. His car was there again. It was a small, black car, nothing special, but Perrie recognized it. She wasn't paying attention to the road which caused her to almost fall over a rock that was laying there. She continued her way to school and when she drove onto the school's terrain, she could feel her belly itching. She was so nervous but she wasn't going to give up. She had already come so far and she felt like she could overcome some nerves. However, she had never felt this nervous before.
She stepped inside the school building and followed her first few lessons. She decided she was going to tell him during the break, then she'd have enough time.
The lessons she followed before that, were nerve wrecking. She couldn't focus and the only thing she could think about was how she was going to tell him. She had thought about loads of different scenarios that could take place but none of them were how she wished it would go. Hopefully none of them would be true. She figured she would just have to wait and see.

After three lessons, the bell rang and Perrie realised it was time for her to go. She knew where he always spended his breaks: in the teacher's room. She walked over there while her hands were shaking. Why did she want to do this again? She could already see the teacher's room in the distance and she realised her pace was slowly going down. She knocked on the door and another teacher opened it. She didn't know her but she asked her for mr. Chamberlain and the teacher went to get him for her. Perrie stayed where she was, and her legs were shaking. There he stood. Right in front of her. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Only now she realised how gorgeous he actually was and how lucky she was he liked her, but still she was afraid. It was still her teacher and a relationship would be illegal. He could lose his job!
"Perrie..."
"Hello sir." she interrupted him.
"Would you like to go somewhere else?" he asked.
She nodded to show him that she agreed. They walked outside and sat on a bench just outside the building.
"I'm so sorry, again." he apologised.
"I know. But I'm not here to tell you that I'm still angry. Although, I still am."
"I completely understand and I wish I had..."
"Stop." she said.
He was quiet and looked at her. He was confused.
"I'm not here to hear you say sorry. Because I know you are. I'm here to tell you something else."
"Tell me, please."
"I can't. I want to tell you but it's so hard."
She got tears in her eyes but she absolutely didn't want to start crying. This was a crucial moment and she didn't want to ruin it.
"I wish I was just a bit braver. I am sorry too. I shouldn't have got so mad at you when I saw it was you on the chatsite. You didn't mean anything wrong and you didn't want to hurt me, I know. You like me, and the only thing I should have done was feel honoured."
"You don't have to be sorry, Pez."
"I know, but I am. And I am more than  just that, and I want to tell you about it, but it's so difficult."
"You can tell me everything, you know that, right?"
"Yes. Well, there we go then..."