Chapter 5

The next Saturday Perrie was completely free and had no plans so she was wondering what she could do. She opened the chatsite and logged in to check if she had any new messages. Unfortunately she didn't so she decided to start a conversation herself. She opened the chat with 'Dude2' and sent a text.

Hippiegirl123: Hello, are you there?

She didn't expect him to answer immediately and she was right. He didn't. She waited for a couple of minutes but she didn't want to wait any longer. She left her laptop as it was and walked downstairs. She took a bottle of water from the fridge and filled a bowl with some M&M's. When she was done, she went back upstairs and just before she wanted to settle on her bed, she saw a notification on the screen of her laptop. It was him, 'Dude2' answered her message. 

Dude2: Hey, I am, you too?

She put down the bottle and the bowl she was still holding, and instead of laying on her bed, she sat down behind her desk and responded to him.

Hippiegirl123: Yes I'm here. How are you?

Dude2: Eh, I'm fine, but I'm bored. I just wanna do something. 

Perrie was thinking about what she could answer back. She wanted to ask if he was up for a meeting but she was scared he wouldn't like the idea. She decided to ask it either way, if he didn't like it, it was his problem, right?

Hippiegirl123: I'm too... Would you like to meet. You know, since we both don't know what to do, it could be fun, right?

Dude2: Sure, maybe around six, dinner time? Didn't you live nearby the city centre? We could meet in the Rose Park, that's near the city centre, I don't know if you're familiar there. 

Hippiegirl123: Yeah, sure. I know where that is so I guess I'll see you then?

Dude2: Yes :) See you then.

Perrie noticed he was answering a bit more blunt than normally. Would something be wrong? Did she say something wrong? She guessed not. She decided not to worry and just to have fun. 
It was still morning so she could already go to the city centre to do some shopping. She was still looking for a new dress. She was however a bit nervous to go to that date. Was it even a date? She didn't know. Let's call it a meet-up, nothing more, nothing less.

She texted Lucy to ask if she wanted to go with her. Not to her meet-up, that would be weird, but just to go shopping together. Luckily she wanted and so they met at noon in front of Perrie's house. That gave her some time to clean her room and take some money she wanted to bring. 
Five minutes before Lucy would be there she took her bag and walked downstairs. She grabbed her bike from the garage and went outside.
Fortunately it didn't last long before Lucy was there and when she was, they immediately left.
They chatted on their way but they didn't haven't a deep conversation. It's been long since they have actually.

As soon as they arrived in the city centre they parked their bikes and started walking towards the shopping district.
"What we also could do is grab some lunch somewhere? I'm actually really hungry." Lucy suggested.
"Yeah, sure. I could eat something as well."
They searched for a cheap restaurant where they could get some lunch. They both hadn't brought too much money since they didn't need a lot.
"We could also just drop by the McDonalds? I mean, it's just for one time."
"Well, okay then."
Perrie didn't want to make a scene, but to be honest she really didn't want to go there, and she knew if she'd say that, Lucy wouldn't like it. Her friend was quite short tempered.
They walked inside and both ordered the same. Some chicken nuggets and a medium fries with a coke.
"Where do you want to go? What stores?" Lucy asked politely.
"I really want to go to Topshop, they've got some great stuff there."
"Okay, then we'll go there first."
When they finished lunch, they went shopping and actually had a lot of fun together.

It was time for Lucy to go home, but Perrie made up an excuse to stay. She couldn't tell Lucy that she was waiting for the person she set her up with. Right after Lucy was gone, Perrie looked on her phone which way she should go. She said she was familiar in this area but honestly she had no idea. Her phone said she had to walk straight ahead and at the end turn right. That wasn't so difficult right? She followed the map and eventually she reached the park. She looked around to see if he was already there, but he wasn't. She searched for a bench where she could sit for as long as she had to wait.

She had waited for a long time and he still wasn't even there. It was 8 pm already and he should've been there around 6 already, so she decided to stay for a couple of minutes and then she'd leave. She had already left him a few messages but he didn't respond to those.

Another 30 minutes passed by so Perrie decided to head home. It was already getting darker and she didn't want to cycle through this area at midnight. She knew it wasn't always pretty to be here, especially at this time of the day. She sent him a last text saying she was leaving. He didn't respond to that either. She took her bike and cycled home. She was tired enough to fall asleep immediately so when she arrived home she went straight upstairs and made herself ready for bed.