Chapter 2

''So, I asked him to hand me the bottle. You know, it's not a crime to drink from time to time.''
''How old is he anyway?'' Perrie knew he was older than Lucy but she didn't know he was drinking already. 
''He just turned 19, why? It's not a problem, don't be such a pussy.''
''I'm not, I just wanted to know.''
She was a bit jealous on her friend having a boyfriend, and not her. Especially because he's older which made it more exciting. Of course she wasn't going to say how she felt, it would only ruin Lucy's mood. Perrie knew she was a bit sensitive on this subject. 
''So, I guess you've enjoyed yesterday, right?''
''I sure did.'' 
Perrie noticed Lucy wandered off a little. Should she ask something? She guessed she should.
''Lucy?''
''Yes?''
''Is something wrong..? You seem a bit distracted.''
''What should be wrong? Mind your own bussiness, please.''
Maybe she shouldn't have asked anything.
She looked the other way, where she saw mr. Oxlade-Chamberlain coming out of his car. 
''Look who's there.'' Perrie told her friend.
''I know. He always parks here, have you never noticed?''
''Uhm, no I didn't. Sorry for that.'' She apologised sarcastically.
They continued their way silently, it felt awkward.

Perrie waited impatiently for the bell to ring, her English class was even more boring than normally. The only thing she did was checking homework and watching a stupid documentary about people travelling through England. 
Finally. The bell rang. Perrie was about to walk out the classroom when someone pulled her back in. 
''Lucy? What's wrong?''
''Something is going on. You were right. I just didn't want to tell you right away.''
''Well, sit down then, tell me.''
They both sat down on a chair and Lucy started talking. After she finished, Perrie looked at her with big eyes.
''So, to recap: he forced you into having sex?''
''Yes..he did indeed.''
''Oh my god, that's terrible.'' Perrie was shocked when she responded to Lucy.
''I know, right?! I'm devastated. I don't ever want to see him again!"
"And you don't have to, you will never have to see him again."
"But he lives here near by, I won't be able to avoid him forever."
"We'll find a solution, Lucy, don't worry too much."
"Thank you, Pez. You're a good friend."

They walked out the classroom together and headed towards the biology classroom. Mr. Oxlade-Chamberlain was already waiting by the door to welcome his students. He was tanned, wearing a white blouse and a dark-coloured jeans. Looking cute as ever.
"Goodmorning, sir." Perrie said.
"Goodmorning, ms. Edwards." he said, smiling softly.
"Everything alright?" he asked
"Sure, I'm great."
She didn't want to admit how tired she was, but she could hardly keep her eyes open.
They entered the classroom and mr. Oxlade-Chamberlain asked them to take a seat. The classroom was decorated with typical stuff that was related to biology. There were pictures of organs hanging up the wall, and a map with how the reproductive system works. The tables were set up in groups of four. Most classrooms had tables set up in pairs but not this one.
"Sir?"
"Yes, Perrie?"
"I haven't been able to finish the homework.. I'm sorry."
"Wait a sec, I'll come to you when everybody's working, okay?"
"Sure."
He explained something about the homework before the rest of the students started studying.
"So tell me. Why haven't you finished it."
"I don't know actually.. I didn't really have time."
"Ah, so you have a busy life?" he asked smiling brightly.
Perrie smiled back at him, knowing he meant it as a joke.
"Of course I have. I'm a busy woman."
They both grinned at each other.
"Sure. For this time it's no problem but make sure you finish it later, okay?"
"I will, thank you."
They looked in each other's direction and smiled softly.
"Oh, and by the way. You know you may call me Alex, right?"
"Yes, Alex." she subtly touched his shoulder when she said so.
He walked away and Lucy started laughing.
"Girl, I don't know if you noticed, but you're blushing. You're as red as a tomato!"
Perrie looked away ashamed and took out her phone. She checked her WhatsApp after she felt her phone vibrating. She wanted to know who sent her a text.
It was just her mum, nothing important.
Her mum had promised they'd eat pizza today so after school Perrie would have to do grocery shopping.

"Pez, put your phone away, please." her mum asked.
''Sorry."
She stored her phone in her pocket and looked outside the window. The raindrops made an annoying sound on the window and Perrie couldn't help but cover her ears.
"Why don't you just help me baking this stupid pizza?"
She could hear her mother was getting annoyed with the fact she wasn't really succeeding decorating her pizza.
"Sorry, mom. I'll help in just a sec."
She quickly went to the bathroom and before she started helping her mother.
Perrie took the pizza dough after which she threw some mushrooms and pieces of chicken on it. After a few minutes she was satisfied with how it looked and asked if she could place it in the oven.
"Yeah, sure. Just wait for mine to be ready first."

After some time they finished their pizzas, but Perrie's mum hadn't enjoyed her meal at all.
"I've never eaten a pizza so bad."
"Don't make such a drama." she said jokingly to her mum.
Her mum smiled at her.
"I love you, Pez."
"I know." she answered laughing.
"I will clean up this time. Just go upstairs and do something nice."
"Okay, I will. Thanks mom."
Perrie left and walked upstairs. She opened the white-coloured door to her bedroom and went to sit at her desk before she opened her laptop.