CHAPTER 14

{{Author's Note: Hi everyone! Salamat talaga sa lahat ng sumusuporta sa TIOITW. At pasensya na talaga sa super duper late update. 

I hope magustuhan niyo ang update na ito. Please comment, vote, and share this story to your friends. Let me know what are your thoughts.

Rough draft talaga to na chapter, and no edits pa, but I'm really excited to share this chapter to everybody kasi I've been working on this for A REALLY LONG TIME. 

Salamat and I love you all! To everyone who kept telling me to update, here is an early Christmas present hehe }}

CHAPTER 14

Dane was the first one that greeted me. He is such a gentleman. He accompanied me from my room to the main house. When he saw me, he didn't look as surprised, instead he said, "I knew you were going to look stunning, Miss Villanueva." Wow. Kinabahan tuloy ako.

"Is Sarah joining us?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "There are times when people keep showing up when you're trying to avoid them. This party is that kind of time."

Hmmm... strange. I felt like he was talking about a world I am not allowed to enter. Which, I am gladly to turn back. Although, as we kept walking it felt like my legs started to become wobbly. Oh. We were nearing the hall.

"Kaitlyn, I know dad imposed this on you and you're not used to this kind of event. The Belyakovs will have this kind of parties every now and then and we would also be invited to some others. I'm sad that your mom couldn't attend. It was a last minute decision so she must have tried to find someone to cover for her." Dane told me, whilst looking at me.

"Uhm, yeah. Her coworkers didn't want to switch because it's a Friday. About your dad, it's really okay. I'm glad your dad invited me. Is it really that obvious that I don't go out that much?" I let out a soft chuckle and he did too, and then cleared his throat.

He smiled. Daniel and him share the same smile, although I like Daniel's more. Crap. Stop thinking about the jerk, Kaitlyn!

"I mean, I did a background check on you remember?" He laughed this time. "And, in case you haven't noticed. You're on your summer break, and you preferred to stay in this lonely house, take care of my siblings, and I'm pretty sure the only time you left was when you asked for a day off."

"Hmm... you're right." I nodded in agreement, but there was one word that piqued my interest. Did he say what I heard him say? "but, lonely? How come?"

"Hmm..."

That was the answer I got before he changed the subject. "Sarah's with the kids in the penthouse tonight. She asked me to ask you if you want to be my date for tonight."

"Ehh?? Are you sure? I mean..."

"There's always a reason to my actions, Kaitlyn. Weren't you wondering at all as to why I picked you up? I want you to be my date. Actually, you can't refuse. Are you ready?"

And before I could answer, he ushered me inside the hall that I have never seen before. The decorations were beyond what I had expected. It didn't look like this earlier! The chandelier seemed brighter than it used to. New velvet curtains hung around the hall, covering the sides of the windows and doors, with sheer fabric right in the middle.

It was definitely a world that I didn't belong into. It was eerily strange and most of the guests were Europeans and that meant not everybody could speak English well. It was hard for me as I struggled to converse in English and they'd look at me in utter confusion. It was definitely funny though and the looks on their faces were priceless.

Hindi ko rin nakalimutang mag observe sa mga ice-scream, ay este 'eye-scream' pala. Ang daming mga middle-aged men na parang bente anyos lang. Tapos, parang gets ko na rin kung bakit wala si Sarah dito. Ang daming mga Russian businessmen and to be honest they don't look like the typical businessmen. The ones that Dane was talking to seems like they're talking about other type of "business" that I know I shouldn't get involved with.

Alam kong ako ang date ni Dane ngayong gabi, pero alam ko rin na mas importante na makausap niya ang mga bisita niya. Besides, I won't be able to understand any of their conversations. I ended up standing next to the buffet table and kept munching on a few of the food they served. And I hated the fact na tama ang sinabi ni Daniel sa akin kanina.

"You look stunning tonight."

Of course, muntik na akong mabilaukan sa kaba nung narinig ko boses niya. Binulong niya kasi sa akin, eh ayun, na shock ako. Binigyan naman niya ako ng mainom.

"Hello, Daniel. Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Wow Kate, of course I'd be here. My family's hosting this party. I have to be present. Also, I have to be here because the ladies are here." He said and I just rolled my eyes. I put down the plate I held and started walking away from the glamorous environment.

I knew this kind of thing wasn't for me, and I felt suffocated. I went to Dane and explained to him, he understood while I gave him an apologetic smile. I actually wanted to hangout with Dane tonight and know more about him. He was just such a mystery and that's probably why him and Sarah looked so good together.

My embarrassment heightened when he pulled me closer and he kissed me on the cheek in front of his bachelor guests. "Even though it was for a short while, thank you for accompanying me tonight."

I gave a soft laugh, not knowing how to respond. And in the most awkward air ever I replied, "Okay lang."

The other guys' eyes were on me and it was uncomfortable that I quickly left the party and walked back to my room. I didn't know that Daniel was actually following me. I just ignored him, and by the time I was in front of my door, lumingon ako. He was following me really close, so I was only inches away from him.

I looked up at him and sighed. "You were right about what you said about me earlier. I don't fit in that kind of events. There were too many people."

Pumasok na ako sa kwarto ko and for some reason, hindi ko sinara and hinayaan ko nalang na pumasok si Daniel sa loob. Siya na rin ang nag lock ng pinto. I went straight to my bed and just laid there, unmoving.

"I know. Because I know you, Kaitlyn." Sabi niya. Ano naman kaya ibig sabihin nun? Hindi ko alam. "And also, you really do look stunning. You look very beautiful tonight." He sat on my bed.

I was quiet for a few seconds before I responded. "Stop that, Daniel. Please. I really don't like it when you do that. You're so mean to me but then suddenly become nice. I get so confused that my brain gets so confused. My heart gets confused as well."

He sat on the edge of my head, and I turned my body around to face him. Hindi ko mabasa ang facial expression niya. Pero nakatitig lang siya sa akin.

I had a full-size bed and so two people could fit. Humiga siya at tumabi sa akin, ang mga mukha namin naka harap sa isa't isa. I didn't move but he did.

He reached out for my face, tracing my jawline, and giving me shivers down my spine. His touch made my heart beat so fast. I liked it, and I hoped he wouldn't stop what he was doing. My brain was not functioning pretty well already. Why? Was it because of the drink at the party? Did I drink too much? Did I even drink alcoholic beverages? I didn't even know anymore.

Maybe too much... because the moment Daniel whispered, "I like you," I lost control of everything.

[A/N: Are you excited for the next one? Let me know what your thoughts are! And sorry less tagalog. I'm not very fluent when it comes to speaking or writing tagalog. Pagpasensyahan niyo na ako. 

Please comment, vote, and share!

Thank you!]