CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

“Then how did Daniel end up here, holding my head like a basketball?” I asked when I eventually got annoyed when Daniel kept bothering me when I talked to Dane. “Do you know that’s rude? That’s really rude, Daniel.”

“You can’t do anything, about it.”

“Uhh, I hate you to the earth’s core.”

“The earth’s core is blazing hot. That means you think I’m hot.”

“Goodness gracious, Daniel! You are such a narcissist!”

“Stop it, you two!” Dane stopped us just in time before I exploded. “Daniel, leave us alone for a few minutes will you. I called Kaitlyn here to talk about something important and private and you don’t need to hear it. I’ll call for you later, just wait outside.”

Medjo nagdadabog paalis si Daniel pero hindi napansin ni Dane. Mabuti na rin at nirerespeto niya kuya niya. At least, may nalalaman na respect kahit konti, pero sa pamilya niya lang. Wala na akong hope na mag bago pa si Daniel.

I cleared my throat and exhaled. “So, Dane, why did you call me here?”

“It’s about your job with our family. Dash called earlier and he doesn’t want you to leave.” Hindi na siya nagpaligoy-ligoy pa. “I’ve talked to my dad, and he doesn’t really care whether you stay or not. Although he said that, I’m quite sure that he really appreciates what you do for the family, especially the twins. Of course, I don’t want you to leave, you’re an important person to me, and to my family.”

“Uhm, but Dane, I appreciate you saying that and I’m glad. Times like these, I don’t know how to respond. But, it’s because of Daniel that I don’t want to stay. He’s being too much. I can’t stand the way he treats me. He’s too prideful, and he makes fun of me, teases me, he uses me, and what else? All other things. Things that irk me the most.” I told Dane the truth. “He gets mad at me for something I didn’t do, and the moment he gets mad, it’s like he’s about to kill me! Just like what happened earlier at school.”

“What happened at school?” nagtanong si Dane sa akin. I couldn’t really hide things from him, so I told exactly what happened and what he told me. “What? He called you glupetz?”

“I’m pretty sure that was the word, I didn’t know what it meant though.”

“Glupetz means an idiot or stupid, Kaitlyn.” He explained. “And he shouldn’t have called you that. A man shouldn’t be disrespectful to a woman. I’ll teach him a lesson, Kate. Just work for us again,  just until before you leave for your trip. I’ll double your pay starting today.”

Eh of course, pagrinig ko na i-dodoble niya bayad niya sa akin, nag dalawang isip talaga ako. Kelangan ko naman rin ang pera eh, tapos mag pa-party pa ako on my birthday.

“And also, I know you need the money, Kaitlyn. It says on your face.”

Damn this handsome Russian bachelor.

“It’s so amusing how you really don’t want to quit, but the fact that you’ll see your worst enemy every single day keeps you from accepting my offer.” He just sat and leaned against his chair, fingers tapping on his desk, looking smug.

“But…” I started.

“Okay, I’ll restate the deal. First, you’ll work for us, as a nanny, and help around the house. Help me, my dad, and the twins, but not Daniel. Second, you’re to live with us, live in the guesthouse for free. You’re free to use any of our cars, the pool and etc. Last one, and I’m pretty sure you’ll love this, Dad’s going to pay for your birthday party expenses. And as I’ve mentioned your pay is doubled.”