Six

Everything went back to usual.

My life's boring cycle was once again being repeated on loop. Consume the whole day by sleeping and work from night till dawn.

Two weeks passed after the drunk caller incident and never had I heard anything from the girl after she hurriedly left the station. Complains from my father was also nowhere heard, it was as if he didn't even bothered to intervene in the first place.

Everything seems perfectly fine, I guess.

"You made one of your caller cry again." Namjoon chimed in.

"So?"

"Try using kinder words next time."

I stood up and walked pass him after I strapped my bag. Kinder words, as if!

"They call to ask for my advice and I return the favor by saying my honest opinions. If they're acting stupid then they're stupid, there's no need to sugar coat it." I said before twisting the knob open.

"I get what you mean Yoongi but it doesn't mean that in order to voice out your honest opinions it's also a prerequisite to hurt others." He answered.

"They asked for it. Ah, whatever! We should exchange radio programs then, you'll do well with nice advices." I shot back.

Without waiting for his comeback I immediately went out and walked straight to the parking lot. It was already two in the morning and the streets had very few numbers of vehicles on it. Cold sweats trickled onto my forehead as I maneuvered my car's steering wheel.

I was sweating profusely yet the cold shiver on my body was evident. Not more than 15 minutes, the building of my apartment unit came into my view and I quietly thank God for the safe travel despite the constant headache I've experienced all throughout the drive.

I was too tired and weak to even strip off my working clothes, I decided to go straight onto my bed and shut my eyes close. My headache was still present but as the tick of the clock gets louder I dozed off to sleep with tears on the edge of my eyes.

Ah! What a lonely night— what a lonely life.

...

"You look paler than before. Are you really sure that you're fine?"

"It's just fever Namjoon it won't kill me."

I leaned back on my swivel chair and tried to ignore the loud DJ beside me. Why was he even making a big deal over this little thing? Aren't we supposed to ignore each other after that petty argument last night?

"You're only eating instant noodles these days, aren't you?" He asked.

I kept quiet.

"You should visit Dr. Oh and get checked, it's probably your urinary tract infection again."

"He's on leave."

To say that I wasn't growing impatient with Namjoon's unending talk would be an actual lie. My headache was getting worse and the lower part of my abdomen felt weird. With heavy breaths I stood up and grabbed my duffel bag, ready to go home and sleep the unwell feeling away.

"Oh right! I know someone who has the same specialization with Dr. Oh. I'll set you an appointment tomorrow."

"There's no need for that I'll just take my—"