Eighteen

"I guess this is where I bid goodbye," Candy declared as she step foot onto Yoongi's doorstep.

Yoongi looked at her suspiciously, anticipating another crazy idea coming out from her since it was as expected that she'll soon showcase another set of her annoying antics before the day ends.

Yoongi expected, he waited yet nothing came and instead she smiled at him like an idiot.

"Thanks a lot," she chimed. "Thanks a lot for being so grumpy all throughout."

"You're most welcome," he replied. "You're most welcome for annoying the hell out of me all day."

Candy grinned while Yoongi smirked.

Amidst the sudden silence, it was as if an unknown conversation had taken place. Behind each words, different meaning was conveyed and that despite they were unable to verbally purport all the things they meant, it was more than enough.

Yoongi was uncertain about a lot of things. He was unsure onto what awaits him in the future,  his life seemed to be too vague and up until now he was aware that he was hiding behind the shadows of DJ SUGA, the strong willed and straighforward disc jockey who doesn't give a single fvck upon voicing out his opinions. But in reality he was just someone who possessed an inconclusive mind and emotions.

At that moment there was something he was certain-- someone he was certain of.

Someone in front of him just below his own doorstep with frizzy hair due to the wind endlessly tousling her hair all throughout the car ride. She stood in front of him confidently grinning from ear to ear not minding the ice cold temperature.

She wasn't as pretty as the full moon illuminating that night.

Her presence does not calm him unlike the soft rustle of leaves being swayed back and forth by the swirling wind.

She was no near the woman he imagined before, who could make his heart skip a beat-- yet she did.

And that was when Yoongi had finally accepted the truth which keeps on hunting him since he saw her standing beside Seokjin that morning.

She's someone special.

"Cand--"

"Yoongi,"

They both spoke in unison but Candy was fast enough to continue her words.

"I'm sorry."

Amidst the sudden pause the breeze made the leaves dance and not too far the rusty engine of vehicles overlapped with the heavy silence.

"Sorry… I lied."

Upon gazing at Min Yoongi that night, Candy was truly certain onto what she truly felt towards the man whom she was chasing after.

Relief? Perhaps guilt.

Relief, for at last she was able to conjure the genuine emotion she had for him.

Guilt, for it cost her huge amount of time before it dawned her that she made a mistake all along.

She was too invested onto the idea of taming the infamous Min Yoongi, too caught up by the adrenaline rush it brought her upon considering him as a challenge needed to be accomplished. Lastly, she was too heartbroken she stupidly forgot to disinfect her own wounds before stitching it close.

All throughout she perceived Min Yoongi as someone who has great sense of loyalty, someone who was strong enough to leap through any form of hurdles and perfect enough to satiate her desire to be with someone who could genuinely give her assurance.