iii

***

3rd peron's

"why in the fucks name did you followed me anyway?!" mark exclaimed, it was a good thing they're in the rooftop, where no one actually hangs out. mark wasn't in the mood to bond with is friends today, after what he saw earlier.

jeno, hitting on koeun. he remember koeun's text last night, she said she always love him, but what the fuck was that?! mark being irritated to himself, he signs. while there's haechan, sitting by his side, comforting him.

"incase you wanted to wish something while you're here, and hello? you havn't made your wish yet at your house, how can i be gone by now?" haechan murmured, rolling his eyes because of the guys beside him.

"what if i didn't make a wish today?" mark asked, looking at haechan.

"they say your genie will be gone forever, but i'm not so sure." he replied, still think about things haechan's friends said to him.

"well that's good, for that i'm not going to see you anymore!" he exclaimed, making haechan pout. "what? i never asked for a genie like you, it would be cooler if my genie was a girl."

"well i guess you'll be stuck with me until you make a wish, and i wasn't even sure about what i said. i havn't done that in the past 100 years." mark got shock by the end of haechan's sentence.

"100 years, are you fucking serious?!" he asked, haechan nodded. "then how the fuck come you look like a highschool like me?!"

"i don't know." haechan answered. "but in human world, i guess i'm 17." he added, mark just nodded.

there's nothing really much to do here, haechan just finished comforting mark for awhile. now they don't know what to do, mark doesn't want to go to his friends, speacially to jeno and koeun. so he's kind of stuck here, sitting alone in a rooftop, talking to a genie, his genie.

it became silent for the both of them until someone called mark. "hey." they turn around to see who it was, it was mark's friend winwin. "what are you doing here alone?" he asked.

they then realized that winwin didn't really see haechan by his side, winwin sat down beside mark, cause haechan to stand up since he doesn't want to get awkward that him and winwin sat at the same spot.

"yeah...i wasn't really in the mood for hangin out with jeno, i recently caught him hitting on my koeun, so i'm here by myself." mark murmured, winwin patted mark's back. "hey sorry to hear that, but i thought you two were cool?" he asked, confused.

"my thoughts are the same." mark signed, haechan standing in front of him, wanting to hug his human. but he really can't do anything, so he stayed silent. "you can hang out with me instead tho." winwin said, making mark look at him and smile. but then the bell rang, meaning it was time to go back to class.

winwin stood up, so did mark. "come on, let's head back together." he said, putting his arm round mark's neck. they both smiled as they started walking, while there's haechan, following them at the back, admiring the two of them.

"they could be a better couple than that koeun." haechan murmured to himself, hoping that mark didn't heard it. they went to their perspective classrooms, which is just basically beside each others, winwin and mark just waved and hoping they'll be hanging out soon.

skipping time, it's already afterschool. mark was on his way to the locker, haechan still following, putting those books that isn't necessary to bring home. "mark!" someone called, they both turned around to see who it was. it's not koeun, but another girl. "h-hey, i'm aika." the girl greeted, bowed to mark, mark did the same thing. "i was wondering if...uh, are you free today?" she asked, mark shook his head. "i'm sorry, i have things to attend to." he answered to aika.

"o-oh, that's fine, just...tell if you're free. ok? here's my number." that aika said, smiling to mark, she handed a little piece of paper and gave it to mark. mark looked at it for a second before taking it, aika immediately ran away after that.

"well that was fast." haechan whispered to mark. "what to you mean?" mark asked, not making it noticeable because they might think he's crazy. "she's probably going to ask you out, why did you reject her?" haechan asked, marking mark silent. "oh, i'm sorry—"

"no it's okay." mark said before even haechan finished his sentence, they started walking outside to mark's school. it was a silence until they reach mark's dorm again, with his hyungs and his friends. they greeted mark, but mark was too weak and heartbroken again to greet back.

he immediately went upstairs, going to his own room. he quickly threw his bag and jumped on his bed, haechan, still following, just watch mark as he stood up immediately and punch the wall. haechan quickly went to mark to stop him from punching the wall, now his fist probably hurt more.

"what the fuck did i do to deserve that?" mark's voice cracked, holding back his tears. haechan hugged mark again, to stop mark from punching in the wall.

"hey hey...don't say things like that, i'm sure there's someone better for you." haechan tried to cheer up mark, which did stop crying, but kept on holding back his tears. mark looked at the clock, it's six six in the night.

"aren't you going to disappear now?" mark asked haechan, still hugging him. he heared haechan giggled, they separated the hug so that haechan could see mark better. "i"m suppose to be back to be honest, but you havn't been able to wish during the day, so i stayed." haechan explained, mark still speechless.

"hey haechan." mark murmured. "yeah?"

"i think i know what i'm going to wish now."

"hmm...what is it?"

mark pause for a while, holding his chest which is in pain. "i wish that i wasn't heartbroken anymore, i don't wanna get hurt just because...just because of her." mark said, looking down then closed his eyes.

then suddely he felt something on his lips, he slowly open his eyes to see what it was.

it was haechan, eyes closed, kissing his lips.

he blinked for a semi-second, but haechan was already gone. he quicly looked around his room to check if he's still there, but no, he was gone already. he held his lips, where haechan kissed him, he felt like blushing and his face feeling hot, it was his first kiss, and on a man— genie, rather.

what the fuck was that?! mark murmured to himself before going downstairs.

***