xix

***

3rd person's

"y- you?" mark pointed at the person as he can't believe what he just saw.

"yeah, it's me. if you could still remember." he said with his very normal voice to mark, mark blinked several times just to see if he's just hallucinating or not.

and looks like he wasn't.

"i don't remember your name but i do remember you." mark said, "why are you here anyway?" he then asked.

"well allow me to introduce myself again for you, my name is doyoung. and i'm here to talk to you about haechan." he spoke up to himself.

"doyoung— and what about haechan? why is he involved to this again?" mark asked, raising an eyebrow to doyoung.

the genie sigh, "sit down, we have a lot to discuss." he said as he sitted at the corner of mark's bed, mark was beyond confused, but on top of that, he didn't hesitate to get a chair at sat beisde a genie. which is absolutely weird knowing that genies are invisible unless you make them visible for today.

"you know," doyoung started, "it's a pretty good thing you never asked haechan to he visible forever." doyoung holds crossed his arms and legs as he say those words to mark.

"i would have but how did you know?"

"haechan sometimes talks about you to me, ok?" the genie reassured the human if he understood it, mark then just nodded and waited for doyoung to continue.

doyoung sighed and rolled his eyes before starting, "did haechan ever told you that genies and humans can't be together?" he asked, looking at mark.

"no." the human replied, "wait, if we can't be together, then are we talking to each other?" mark questioned, doyoung had to facepalm from that dumb question mark asked to him. he felt dumbfounded.

"what i mean is genies and humans can't have a relationship ok?! and by relationship i mean relationship!" doyoung higher his voice when he said those last sentences, mark just then raised his brow.

"they can't? why can't they be?"

"because first of all, it's against the rules." doyoung started. "secondly, they can't just be in a relationship with a human. all the people except for the ones who have a genie can't see genies. and lastly, you'll have some big punishment if you ever did."

"like what?"

"remember those 2 genies in the dungeon?"

"yeah, what about them?"

"they were stuck there for more than a hundred years, those are some kinds of punishments a genie could get. who knows, it might probably even worse." doyoung shrugged his shoulders.

from just that saying, mark got him to think. is haechan in great danger if i ever fall for him?

i mean, why would i think of these things? it's just a what-if.