xvii

***

3rd person's

"and what does that suppose to mean?" haechan asked, raising his eyebrow as if he really don't want it.

"nothing, is there something wrong spending time with you?" mark said, scratching the back of his hair.

haechan sat at the bench in mark's school rooftop, he kinda admired the view as he slowly smile widely from what mark said.

"okay then." he said, "come sit here." he tapped the seat beside him, mark did what haechan said.

it was actually a moment of silence, mark didn't really know what to say or what to begin with, he wanted to talk about those two, but is it really worth it?

"so uh, what do you wanna talk about?" haechan asked, mark wanted to speak those words on his tongue, but he couldn't, and he doesn't really know why.

mark stayed silent, he lowered his head and face the ground, he sighed, but he wasn't responding to haechan's questions.

"it's about koeun and jeno, isn't it?" haechan said out of the blue, mark widen his eyes and looked at the eyes of his genie.

"how did you know?"

"i just figured." haechan shrugged his shoulders, "besides, you were looking at them the first thing in your school."

"i- i was?"

haechan nodded, mark sighed again. this time, haechan moved closer to his human, making sure to comfort him when he needed to.

it was hard to breathe for mark, he couldn't let those words out, instead, his tears was.

haechan couldn't help it but to hug him, even though he wasn't visible to everyone's sight, mark could still feel his arms around him. mark wiped his tears and tried to speak.

"i don't really know what made me concerned for them, i know, it's been more than 2 months since we broke up, but. . .that dream that i had was just. . ." mark stopped there and sighed for quite long, haechan tighten the hug.

"continue. . ." haechan said.

"i. . .i felt sorry for her." mark whispered enough that haechan could still hear it.

"don't be." haechan replied, "she's happy with someone else, and you deserved better, okay?" he all whispered back.

mark looked at haechan for a minute, he wasn't letting go of the hug. after knowing mark was staring at him, he let go of his arms around mark and made an awkward smile.

but, mark insisted.

he putted back haechan's arms around his waist and this time, he hugged haechan back, weird thing to do, but they don't wanna ruin their moment.

"why did you do that?" haechan asked, obviously embarrassed in their situation.

"i never said to let go of the hug right?" he smiled while looking at his genie, indeed it was a great time for them together. what's the worst thing that could happened?

haechan blushed, kinda surprised that mark would actually say that to him. he does like mark, but he wanted to avoid that feeling as well. he wouldn't want that incident to happen in the genie world again.

"yah! you know too much things." haechan rolled his eyes, pretending not to be dying of happiness inside him.

"of course, i go to school." mark answered, which made haechan rolled his eyes even more.