Chapter 2

Kylie's POV

"So what do you want to do? I honestly don't care." I say

"We can go to Brooklyn Boulders if you want." Ansel says.

Brooklyn Boulders is Ansel's favorite rock climbing place. He loves rock climbing. I think it's fun, but I'm not as good at it as he is.

"Okay." I say smiling. "I need to change first."

We walk in the house and I get a tank top and some shorts out of the dryer. I've know Ansel so long that it doesn't bother me to change in front of him. I take my pants off and slide my shorts on. Then I change into my tank top. I can feel his eyes on me and when I look at him he's blushing. I try not to let that get to my head. I brush my short blonde hair and pull it into a pony tail and pin up the flyaways.

"Ready?" I ask grabbing my keys.

"Shouldn't you leave your mom a note or something?" He asks

"No." I say laughing

We walk out to my car and I head to Brooklyn.

"How are things with you and your mom?" he asks me

"Okay I guess. We don't talk much."

"Does that not bother you?"

"Not really. I mean it's better than getting yelled at."

"What does she think about you and Zach?"

"You already know she hates him. She doesn't care anymore though."

"And that doesn't bother you?"

"No. She hasn't care in a while."

"Isn't that why you dated him in the first place? To make her mad?"

"Yep."

"Then why are you still with him."

We're at a stop light and I turn and look at him. Searching his face for the reason why he's asking so many things.

"Because he's all I have. You're not here and dad's not. So Zach is. He's more of a friend then a boyfriend." I say

Ansel frowns and looks out the window. The light turns green. I drive and we're both silent for a while.

"You can do better." He finally says.

I look at him. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask

"You could date someone so much better for you. That's more than a friend to you. That will treat you right."

"I am sure I could, but I'm only used to two people." I say

"What do you mean by used to? And two people?"

"Well, when you start dating someone else you have to get used to them. How they feel, how they talk, kiss blah blah."

"And you said two people? You've only dated one person."

"But I've kissed two." I say. I regret it as soon as it leaves my mouth.

He's quiet and I can feel him looking at me. What's he thinking?

"You would consider me to be a better person for you?" He finally asks.

He pretty much just asked me if I have feelings for him. Oh my gosh. What do I say?

"Oh look we're here." I say pulling into Brooklyn Boulders.

"Kylie-" he starts to say something else but I jump out of the car.