Chapter 18

Kylie's POV

We just stand there. Looking in each others eyes. I don't know what to do. Judging by his expression, he doesn't either.

"Well, uh...I need to get back to set." He finally says. He nods and walks towards the door.

"Wait, what?" I ask.

"What?"

I throw my hands up. "That's it?"

"What did you expect to happen?" He asks.

I give him a look of disbelief. "I just poured out my heart to you!"

"Kylie, calm down. I'll be back in New York in two days. Alright? You go home. We'll take some time to think about what we both want." He says.

"I know what I want."

"Do you? Tell me everything that happened with you and Zach while I was gone. Everything."

I pause. Everything? I knew I'd have to tell him but we're not yelling at each other right now and I don't want us to start again. Telling him now will be like handing him a gun and waiting for him to pull the trigger.

"Uh...okay." I finally agree.

I sir on the bed beside Jerome. Ansel leans against the wall. His eyes don't leave mine.

"Well, the first time we kissed was a few days after what happened. I went to his house, because I needed a friend. His mom took me up to his room and I found a box of things from our relationship. He came in and started telling me all about how much he loved me. And I kissed him but he rejected me, thankfully." I say all this and Ansel looks away. I can see the tears in his eyes, but he holds them back.

I bit my lip but he motions for me to continue. "A day or more after that we were at Max's practice and we were sitting there holding hands, and we stared to kiss. That was it." I tell him.

He breathes heavily through his nose, something he does when he's angry.

"It doesn't change anything I said, Ansel." I say.

He laughs. "Really? Of course it does!"

"Well what about you?! What about the girl? Your rebound!" I snap.

Confusion flashes through his eyes, but is gone a moment later. "Oh yeah. She was fun to hang out with." He laughs.

I gasp. How could he be so careless? At least I have feeling for Zach. And he wasn't even a rebound.

"Kylie, he's-" Jerome starts, but Ansel cuts him off.

"Don't, Jerome." Ansel warns.

"She deserves to know." Jerome says.

"She doesn't deserve anything." He snaps.

"Know what?!" I demand.

"There was no girl." Jerome says. Ansel kicks the wall in frustration.

I take it all in. I had hoped that there wasn't, but hearing it makes me feel a lot better.

"Why would you lie?" I ask.

He doesn't answer me. He walks to the door and turns around before opening it. "Go home, Kye. We'll talk when I get back." And he walks out.

..........

Two days later and I believe I've lost my mind. I haven't left my room at Zach's house since me and Jerome got back. I need to think about what I really want without distractions.

Ansel has been my best friend for 10 years. We dated for a few weeks if that. Me and Zach had dated for almost 2 years. And I love Zach with everything I have. But somehow, I love Ansel more than that.