Chapter 12

Kylie's POV

"Kylie you have to come out of your room." My mom yells at me.

"No I do not." I mumble, pulling my blankets over my head.

She takes the blanket and pulls it off of me. "Yes you do. It's been two days."

"Go to work."

"No. I am not leaving until you get out of this bed!" She demands.

I give her a skeptical look.

"Well maybe I will, but seriously, honey. You've been home for two days and I haven't seen or heard from Ansel and you won't leave your bed and I don't know what to do!" She throws her arms up in frustration.

"Oh well" I say.

"Kylie. You have to tell me."

"No I don't."

"Fine. I'll call Ansel." She threatens.

"You wouldn't." I glare.

She picks up her phone and dials a number. My glare doesn't leave hers as she challenges me.

"Hello Ansel. I was just wondering why Kylie has been-" I cut her off by jumping off the bed. I take her phone and end the call.

"Fine! Okay? I tell you!" I give up.

She sits on my bed patiently. I sigh.

"Our relationship was moving too fast and I got scared. And I was talking to Zach about it and Ansel heard what I said and he thinks I was lying to him about how I felt." I say.

She's silent for a moment. "Were you?" She asks.

"Did you not just hear what I said?!" I yell.

"Yes. I was just asking. Why don't you talk to him?"

"Because he made me mad." I say.

"How?"

"He said I was lying."

She chews on her bottom lip. A sign that she's thinking. I lay back down on my bed waiting for her 'helpful' advice. I honestly don't want any advice at all. I just want to mope in peace.

"I got nothing. If he thinks you were lying then that's a sign of having trust issues." She says.

I roll my eyes. "We've been friends for years. Why would he not trust me?" I ask, skeptically.

She shrugs. "I don't know. You don't have the best track record."

"What do you mean? Zach always cheated on me I never cheated on him." I snap. I'm angry at her accusation.

"I didn't say you did, but Zach is the only boyfriend you've had. Maybe Ansel thinks that you're using Zach as an idea of how a relationship should be."

"That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard." I say.

"I'm just trying to help you, Kylie! I don't want you to lose him. He is too good for-" she stops herself.

I know what she was going to say. He's too good for you. I know he is.

"I know." I say, getting up. I pull a hoodie over my head and pull on a pair of vans.

"Where are you going?" She asks. "You didn't let me finish."

"I know what you were going to say." I snap.

She stands up and slams the door I had just opened. She smacks her hand on it and gets in my face.

"Do NOT assume that you know what I was going to say. I am trying to help you. If you can't appreciate that then I surely will not do it again." She tell me.