Chapter 17

Kylie's POV

"He's working all night so we gotta stay at a hotel tonight then we'll go over in the morning." Jerome says.

"Okay"

We get all our stuff and rent a car. Jerome drives as I sit in the passenger seat.

What am I doing here? I think. Ansel won't forgive me. I've ruined everything. Not only have I said I couldn't be in a relationship with him but I've kissed Zach and moved in with him. I grab Ansel's hat out of my backpack and hug it to my chest.

"It'll be okay, Kylie." Jerome says as we pull into the parking lot at the hotel.

I fake a smile. When we get to our room Jerome takes one bed and leaves the other to me. I go to the bathroom and take a long hot shower. When I get out I change into pajama shorts and a t-shirt of Ansel's that I grabbed out of his room.

When I walk out of the bathroom Jerome tells me that my cell phone rang. I grab it and see a missed call from Zach. I call him back.

"What the hell?" He answers.

"Hi to you too?"

"Where the fuck are you?" He demands.

I wince. "Georgia." I say.

"What? Why?"

"I needed to talk to him, Zach."

"Who? Ansel? Why is he in Georgia?" He asks.

"He's filming."

"Oh"

We're both silent for a moment. I know he's gonna be mad that I'm here. I still love Zach, and I know things would be different, but he's with someone else and I need to be with Ansel.

"I'm glad you're going to talk to him." He surprises me by saying. And he actually sighs in relief.

"What the hell? You are?" I ask

"Yeah. I can see how miserable you are. You need to talk to him. I still can't believe he hasn't talked to you after what I said." He says.

"Yeah...wait...what?!" I almost yell.

"Fuck" he says.

"What. Did. You say. To him?!" I demand. "And when?"

"Nothing." He says.

"Tell me NOW." I don't know why he won't tell me. That just makes me more suspicious.

"Okay okay. I went over to his house the a few weeks ago. I think it was the day we kissed. But I just told him that he shouldn't make the same mistakes as I did." He says.

If I wasn't so pissed off I'd probably cry. But I'm fuming.

"I gotta go Zach." I snap.

"Kylie...Kylie don't do something stupid-" I hang up on him.

I grab my jacket as Jerome walks out of the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"I need to talk to Ansel." I say.

He nods. "I know, we have to wait until in the morning." He points out.

"I don't care. I have to go now." I say. I walk out.

When I get to the parking lot I hear someone following. I turn and see Jerome. I give him a look.

"For one, it's late and you're barely dressed." He says. I notice I'm still in a shirt and short shorts. "Also you have no shoes." He hands me flip flops. "And they know I'm here so they'll let me in before they'll let you in."