Chapter 14

Kylie's POV

The first day we're at Seaside Heights we decide to just lay low and order pizza and watch a movie in the hotel suite. The whole way here I talked to Addison and it turns out she's pretty cool and we have a lot in common. Right now we're bonding over Mean Girls and a pepperoni and mushroom pizza.

"That's pretty much how the girls are at my school." Addison says.

"Same. That's what I dealt with for four years."

She gives me a surprised look. "You've already graduated?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say standing up and throwing our plates in the trash. "Haven't you?"

I return to the floor, laying down on my stomach. She shakes her head.

"No. I'll be a senior this coming year." She explains.

"Oh cool."

"Kylie can we talk?" Kate says walking in.

"Yeah sure." I get up and sit cross-legged on the couch. Kate walks over and sits beside me.

"Mom called." She starts. She pauses as If I need time to take in the kknowledge.

"Soooo?" I ask.

"So, she said you moved out?"

"Oh. Yeah I did." I say, like it's no big deal. Which it isn't.

Kate waves her hand around as she talks. "Oh? Oh is all you have to say? This is a big deal, Kylie." She says. "Where are you gonna stay?"

I shrug, and start picking at a lose string on my shorts. "I don't know. I haven't got that far yet."

"How far have you got?" She asks, incredulous.

I motion around the room. "Jersey shore" I say.

"Kylie, this is not a joke. You can't just live off a whim! You don't have a job, a place to stay, any thing! And you know I would let you stay with me, but we are just in the middle of so much! The baby, the move, I don't have space for you right now!" She says.

I'm starting to get mad at her. Addison sits in the floor pretending not to notice what's going on.

"Look Kate. I'm not asking you for anything. I don't need to stay with you, and I damn sure don't want to." I explain.

She holds her hands up in defense. "Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you. What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know. I guess I can stay with Zach." I say. I mean that could work. Maybe.

"ZAch? I thought you were with Ansel now." She asks.

"I was. But we had a fight." I explain.

"What about?"

"I thought we were moving so fast and I called Zach for advice and Ansel heard something I said and is mad."

"Wait. You asked Zach for relationship advice?" She laughs

I laugh with her. "Yeah. He's really changed. You'd be surprised."

"That boy never fails to surprise me." She says.

She goes back to the room she's sharing with Matt, and Addison takes her place on the couch.

"Who's Ansel?" She asks.

"My boyfriend...I think." I say

She looks at me, Confused, so I continue.

"Well he's been my bestfriend since I was 8 and we've just been friends until a couple weeks ago when we told each other how we felt. Then I thought we were moving fast and yeah you heard all that."