Chapter 23

*Song of the chapter: Beside you by 5 Seconds of Summer*

Ansel's POV

I haven't talked to Kylie since the day she told me she loved me. Not intentionally. I've just been really busy.

"Are you excited to go back to set?" Pierce asks.

I nod. "Yeah. I love filming. I mean I want to stay and hangout with you guys, but it is what it is. I'm just gonna live it up, dude." I say.

"As you should. You're a lucky guy." He says.

"I know. It's so crazy." I tell him.

I walk back to my room and I see Kylie sitting on my bed. It seems like I haven't seen her. I've just had late nights and her job requires her to go in early.

I sit beside her and put my arm around her.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" She asks.

I'm taken a back. "You knew I was. You know I'm filming right now." I say.

She finally looks up at me and our eyes meet. "What are we Ansel?"

This is why I've, okay I'll admit it, avoided her the past two days. I told her that nothing we did or was gonna do would change how I feel and it didn't. I mean I want to be with her more than anything, but I can handle being hurt like that again.

"Friends." I finally say

She shakes her head and stands up. She paces back and forth across my bedroom floor. Her fingers run through her hair.

"So everything that happened the other day ddidn't mean anything to you?" She asks.

"I told you it wouldn't change anything, Kylie." I say reluctantly.

She looks so sad. I just want to tell her everything is fine and that I want us to be together. I need to stand my ground.

"I can't do this, Ansel." She shakes her head. "I though I could, but I just can't." She starts to cry.

I walk up to her. I stand close to her. I pull her chin up so she looks at me and I wipe the tears from her face. My lips touch hers. As I kiss her I caress her face in my hands.

"I just need time, baby." I say.

She shakes her head again and pulls back. "I can't do it, Ansel. I don't want to wait. I want to be with you. Right now."

"Kylie" I whine, my voice desperate.

I stretch out my arms, but she grabs them and lays them by my side.

"No, Ans. Tell me now. You either want to be with me or you don't. If you do then tell me now." She demands.

"I...I need...I don't know, Kye..." I say

"How can you not know? You either do or you don't it's simple. I need to know, because if not...then.....then I'm leaving." She says the last part quietly.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

She looks away from me. "I...Zach is moving to Virginia for a job...he offered for me to go too. It'd be a fresh start for me. I want a fresh start more than anything Ansel. I want a fresh start with you. But if I can't have that I'm going to leave New York."

"WHAT?" I yell. "You're going to leave with him?!"

"What the hell am I supposed to do Ansel?! You don't want me anymore. You say you just need time, but you can just kiss me whenever you want!" She yells back.

We're in each others face screaming.

"I do want to be with you! But you totally fucked me over, Kylie!" I scream.

Peirce walks in and separates us.

"I didn't know what I wanted then!" She screams.

"Just go Kylie! Just fucking go with Zack! I don't care anymore!" I yell.

She stops. Her lip quivers but she stops it.

"I will. Since you don't care anymore." She pushes past me before I can say anything. I hear her sob in the hallway then slam the door.

I want to chase after her but I have to get ready to go to the airport.

.

.

.

.

A/N- So I picked a song for this chapter, and it's my favorite song ever, and I think it went so well with this chapter. I didn't think a lot of you would actually look it up so below are the lyrics. But you should really listen to it. I love you all!

. Within a minute I was all packed up

I've got a ticket to another world

I don't wanna go

I don't wanna go

The silent words are hard to speak

When your thoughts are all I see

"Don't ever leave," she said to me

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky.

To the beat of our hearts at the same time.

So close but so far away.

(Can you hear me?)

[Chorus:]

She sleeps alone.

My heart wants to come home.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

She lies awake.

I'm trying to find the words to say.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

Another day and I'm somewhere new.

I made a promise that I'll come home soon.

Bring me back, bring me back to you.

When we both wake up underneath the same sun.

Time stops, I wish that I could rewind.

So close but so far away.

[Chorus:]

She sleeps alone.

My heart wants to come home.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

She lies awake.

I'm trying to find the words to say.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

The pieces of us both

Under every city light

And they're shining as we fade into the night

She sleeps alone.

My heart wants to come home.

I wish I was, I wish I was...

[Chorus:]

She sleeps alone.

My heart wants to come home.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

She lies awake.

I'm trying to find the words to say.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

She lies awake.

Beside you.

I wish I was, I wish I was...

She sleeps alone.

My heart wants to come home.

I wish I was, I wish I was...