Chapter 4 (Chapter Tobias for all you Divergent fans (; )

Kylie's POV

"So what are we doing today?" Ansel asks getting off the floor.

"Uh I don't know." I say

"You have no plans for your 18th birthday weekend?" He asks

"Oh shit!" I say

"What?!"

"My mom made plans to go to the Hamptons this weekend with Todd and she said I had to go." I tell him

"Oh, that'll be fun." He says

"You're coming with me." I say

"Oh no. I am not getting dragged into this. All that's gonna happen is you yelling at your mom." He says looking in my desk drawers.

"Please Ansel? It's my birthday." I say giving him the puppy dog face.

"No." He says. He hasn't looked up from going through my desk.

Suddenly he sees an envelope. It's says Ansel on it with a heart.

"What's this?" He asks.

I snatch it out if his hands and throw it away.

"Kylie." He says.

"It's nothing. Drop it." I say

"Whatever." He says mad.

"Please go with me." I say. "I'll cry if you don't."

"Have fun crying."

He goes to my closet and starts going through it.

"Fine! I'll take Zach." I yell

He stops and straightens up. He turns his head slowly.

"You're really going to use that against me?" He asks incredulously.

"Anything it takes." I say.

He shakes his head and grabs his backpack off the floor and walks out of my room. I chase after him down the stairs. I feel tears falling.

"Ansel please don't leave." I say, my voice breaks and I know he can tell I'm crying. He stops. But doesn't turn around. I know why. If he sees me crying he won't leave. I hear sniffles and I know he's trying not to cry himself.

"I'll see you later. Alright?" He says quietly.

"I'll want to see you now." I pout.

But he walks out the door to his car and without looking drives away.

-----

Ansel's POV

Before I even get to Brooklyn I have 5 missed calls from Kylie. What was I supposed to do? She said she don't like me and if that's the case then she shouldn't have brought up Zach. That's low.

I pull into Brooklyn boulders and I go inside. I don't bother making small talk with the owners or any of the workers. I take off my shirt and shoes and I start to climb. All the way at the top of the wall I can hear my phone go off, telling me I have a text. And glide down and remove my climbing harness.

Kylie- I'm sorry. Please don't be mad at me. Why does it matter anyway

Me- I told you how I feel and you're gonna rub that in my face.

Kylie- IM SORRY I REALLY AM

I don't text her back. I sit in my car for the rest of the afternoon wondering what to do. When I know Karen, Kylie's mom is off I call her.

-----

Kylie's POV

When mom gets home she tells me to hurry up and get packed. I sulk all the way up to my room. I grab a few pairs of shorts and a sundress. I get my bikini and throw it in my suitcase as well. I dress in a pair of white denim shorts and a pink flowly tanktop. I slide on my Sperry's and grab my RayBan sunglasses.