Chapter 24

Kylie's POV

"Just go after him, Kylie." Zach says.

"I'm tired of being the one to chase him."

I'm parked outside the airport, talking to Zach on the phone.

"You hurt him." He points out.

"Zach I've tried everything. What do I do? Beg him?"

"If being with him makes you happy then do it."he says.

I open my door and walk towards the entrance.

"We just need to have one long conversation. Where we can't fight." I tell him.

"Then do iit. Get on a plane." He says.

I roll my eyes and hang up. I see Ansel in a waiting area. I walk over and sit beside him.

He sighs. "How'd I know you'd follow me?"

I cross my legs. "Because you know that I love you and I'm not giving up."

"I don't want you to give up."

"So...what? You just want me to chase after you?" I ask.

Before he can answer his flight is called.

"I gotta go"

He gets up to go and I follow him. The lady at the desk tells me I need a ticket. Biting my lip in thought, I hand her my emergency credit card and buy a coach ticket for the seat next to Ansel's. I go through security and I get on the plane and I sit next to him.

He gives me an incredulous look, and put his ear buds in. The guy beside me is asleep and has an abandoned cup of coffee in front of him. I take Ansel's ear buds out and I put them in the man's coffee.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Ansel says.

"Now you gonna talk to me?" I demand.

"No." He shakes his head and closes his eyes.

I groan loudly and the people in front of us turn around and stare at me.

I watch Ansel sit in silence. I lean over and kiss his neck right below his ear lobe. His breathing picks up but he gently pushes my shoulder back.

I lean over again and as my hot breath touches his neck he gets cold chills.

"I love you" I breath into his ear.

He jumps and his hands shake. I can tell I'm getting to him.

"Fuck Kylie. Okay we'll talk. Shit."

I give him a few moments to even out his breath.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asks.

"I love you." I say again.

He has his head leaned back against the seat turned towards me, and I do the same looking at him, getting lost in his eyes.

"Quit saying that." He whispers.

"No. I know you like it, and I want to be with you. I'll do whatever you like." I say.

"Why are you so ready for this now?" He asks.

"Because. I know what I want now. 100 percent, and the only thing stopping it is you." I say

"It's just a hard time right now, Kye. We're gonna be a long distance relationship, and half the time those don't work."

"If the people really love each other they can make it work." I add.

"You know I love you, but-" he starts.

"Stop right there. Listen to yourself. 'You know I love you', yes I do know. Do you?" I ask.

"Yes I know." He says.

"Then what are you afraid of?"

He rubs his face with his hands. "What if it's not what you expect? Huh, what then?"

"it will be." I say, determined.

"What if it's not?" He almost yells.

"Then we'll go back to being friends." I say.

"it's doesn't work like that! I thought it did but it doesn't. You saw how we were after we broke up last time. I'm not doing that again."

"Ansel. Ansel please just listen to me." Tears stream down my face as I talk. "That is not going to happen. I love you. I want to be with you. I need to be with you. I need you."

He looks pained and in thought. I plead with him through my eyes.

"Okay."

"Yes? Like yes we're back together?" I ask.

"Yes were back together. I love you Kylie."