Chapter 16

Kylie's POV

I've been staying with Zach for a week. It's worked out well. I've been sleeping in the guest room across from his. I got a job at a restraunt down the street. A lot has happened in one week. But, I still haven't heard from Ansel.

I haven't tried to call him or anything. I can't talk to him. The only thing that would happen is us yelling at each other.

When I get back to Zach's after work he has his girlfriend, Lisa over. I don't want to be the third wheel, so I decide to go to Kate's.

"Hey" I say to Addison when I get their. She's sitting on the couch watching How I Met Your Mother. I sit beside her.

"What's up?" She asks.

I give her a look, then out of nowhere, I start crying. Not just a few tears, I'm full on sobbing. She looks surprised but then she scoots over and starts to comfort me. The crying doesn't stop for several minutes.

"I'm sorry" I sob

"Don't be." She says.

I hold my face in my hands. The crying doesn't stop but it softens enough that I can talk.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Everything is falling apart." I cry. "I'm sorry that I'm doing this in front of you, but Zach is with his girlfriend and my bestfriend can't even stand me!" Im broken down at this point.

"It's fine! You can always come to me." She tells me.

I sniff. "I just don't know what I did. Ansel won't even talk to me, all I'm doing with Zach is just dragging him down, and my mom doesn't want to talk to me." I sob.

She let's go of me. "Will you just stop?" She asks. She doesn't say it rude, but the words get my attention. "All you're doing is creating problems, Kylie. Starting off with Ansel. He may not be talking to you, but you're not trying to talk to him either."

"He had sex with another girl!" I protest.

"How do you know?" She asks.

I sniff again. "Because, I texted him and kinda rubbed it in his face that I kissed Zach, although that wasn't intentional."

She shrugs. "So? You liked so maybe he did too. Talk to him. Moving on. Zach. I don't know him or how your relationship is, but since he has a girlfriend, I don't think he's hanging out with you waiting around for an answer. So I don't think you're dragging him into anything. And your mom? I know she wants to talk to you. She was here the other day. And I don't think you should blame her for being happy. She misses you."

I take all this in. It makes a lot of sense when I can think of it with a rational mind. I am just causing problems for myself. The first thing I need to take care of Ansel. Because knowing that he may have made up the whole story changes my whole opinion. And I miss him more and more with each second.

I hug her. "Thank you. So much. I've never had a friend like you, well besides Ansel."

I get up and walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"I really need to find Ansel." I say. She smiles and nods.

I've never actually been to his apartment. It's been recently that he's got it but he told me the address. As I drive I think of all the things I can say to him. I miss him more than ever.

I run up the stairs to his apartment. I knock on the door before Jerome opens it. He instantly smiles.

"Kylie" he says. He hugs me. "It's so nice to see you!" His french accent is very obvious.

"Yeah. Yeah, you too. Hey where's Ansel." I ask

His smile falters a little bit. "He uh..he left." He says.

"What?! Left? Left when? To where?" I demand.

"Georgia. He's filming Insurgent." He says.

My eyes feel hot. I lean up against the wall in the hallway. I slide down it and hug my knees to my chest.

"Damn it!" I yell.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"I need to talk to him and he won't answer my calls." I say.

Jerome sits on the floor beside me and puts his arm around me. I lean in to his chest.

"Just go down there." He says.

"I don't have any money." I cry.

"Your happiness shouldn't depend on money" he says.

"Look Jerome, I love you and you know I do, but I honestly can't deal with your life lessons right now."

He laughs. "Okay. I just mean that if you need a plane ticket I'll buy you one." He explains.

"Oh, Jerome, I couldn't."

"No, I insist. I'm going down there to visit him anyway, might as well have a friend along." He smiles.

I thank him and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him. He tells me that the plane leaves in the morning and that I can stay at Ansel's apartment.

He tells me I can stay in the guest room and he'll sleep on the couch. After he goes to sleep I find myself going into Ansel's room.

It looks just like I thought it would. Clothes all over the floor, but his hats and shoes in an orderly placement. I pick up his Knicks hat. His favorite one. I got it for him when he turned 15. He never went anywhere with out it. I carry it with me over to his unmade bed. I crawl under the covers. It smells like him.

In what feels like no time at all, Jerome is waking me up saying it's time to go to the airport. Last night, sleeping in Ansel's bed, I slept the best I have in weeks.

We're both quiet as we drive to the airport and go through security. Sitting on the plane I start to get nervous.

"Jerome?" I ask, nervously.

"Hmm?" He asks.

"What...what if Ansel gets mad?"

He seems to think about it. "I don't think he will."

"You heard what he said to me last time I saw him." I say. I feel tears on my cheeks. Jerome takes my hands In his.

"If it's meant to happen it will, and if not, he can't stay mad at you. I see how he is without you. He's just as, if not more, miserable as you." He says. He kisses my forehead and gives me time to think.

Jerome has been friends with Ansel for a while. And he's just all together a happy person. He can make people smile no matter what they're going through.

I lay my head on his shoulder and try to drift off to sleep. I hope Ansel won't be mad I show up. What will I do if he is?