Chapter 11

Kylie's POV

When I wake up in the morning, I don't feel sick anymore. My ankle still hurts, but that's it. I enjoy the breeze coming through the open door. Movement beside me catches my eye. When I glance over I see Ansel stirring awake. Panic shoots through me and I gasp.

His eyes fly open and he smiles. Saying good morning. Then his eyes focus and he sees the horrified expression that must be on my face. He sets up.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

I stand up from the bed and start pacing, well trying to because this damn ankle makes it hard. I run my fingers through my hair.

"Kylie." He says, getting up.

I look at him and try to speak but I can't. I grab the hotel key and walk towards the door. Ansel grabs my hand.

"Kye what's wrong?" He asks, stern.

"I..uh...I just need some air. I'll be back." I say, and leave as fast as possible.

I feel like I'm gonna faint as I ride down the elevator. I tell the lady at the front desk that if Ansel looks for me to just have him call my cell phone.

I walk two blocks down to a Starbucks where I have to stop before I cry from the pain in my ankle. I order a drink and sit at one of the tables outside. I just need a few minutes to fathom everything.

I told Ansel I loved him last night. I don't know how I remember that, but I know I did. He told me he loved me. But I know I don't love him. If I did I wouldn't be here right now. I'd be in the hotel room with him eating breakfast and watching mmorning talk shows.

When he told me he loved me, I know he was talking about as a girlfriend. But when I said it back to him that's not how I meant it. It's the same way I told him I loved him before we told each other how we felt. It was like I was telling a brother that I love him.

I groan loudly and a young couple beside me gives me a weird look and I ask them what they're staring at. I apologize knowing my problems aren't their fault. It's mine.

When I get back to the hotel the front desk attendant tells me Ansel left but didn't say where he went. I wonder where he could be, but it just gives me more time to figure out what to do.

For an hour all I do is stare at the wall of the hotel room. It's times like these that I wish I would have girl friends to talk to. But I never really got along with them. All they care about is how they look and what they're gonna wear. I could call my sister or my mom but I don't want them to tell me that this feeling would pass. I want someone to be honest.

I decide to call the most honest person I know. I pick up my phone and walk out to the balcony, and sit in one of the chairs. After a few rings he picks up

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hey Zach."

"What's up, Kylie?"

I can hear the smile in his voice. He sounds a lot happier than he's ever been.

"Nothing. What are you doing? Are you busy?" I ask.

"Not really. Why what's wrong?"

"I told Ansel I loved him last night." I admit. I hold my breath awaiting his answer.

"Oh. Well...that's good."

I let the breath out all at once. "No its not." I whine.

"Why?"

"Because I didn't mean it! I mean, I meant it but not in the way I should. I said it like we were still fifteen and thought of each other as a sibling." I admit.