// three

3.

His golden eyes were staring straight through her.

Even when he took his life, the wolf still held a steady gaze of confidence, which stayed with him till his last breath and after.

"Do you require my assistance, my Lady?"

Crystella looked up. Monty, the head of medic was smiling down at her.

"Your help will be appreciated," Crystella said to the aged woman as she stood up. She had seen the attacker's face, and there was nothing she could do now than to wait for the wolves to report to her. Maybe she would find some clues then.

"Clear up this mess," Crystella ordered, "Father would not like to see the floors of the grand hall be stained by a murderer's blood."

"How about the other dead body? Would you like to inspect it—"

"No. Take it out."

Monty nodded and signaled for the other medics to clear up the bloody mess. The medic acted quickly as they cleared the floors, experienced from the mess the Alpha had made over the years after giving out death sentences for the sinners.

Crystella watched the process for the first time, having always excusing herself midway from executions conducted by her father before her stomach gave way. She was impressed by how the medics could use their bare hands (which were now covered in blood) to touch the dead bodies, and how none of them expressed any sort of emotions, their faces painting a blank expression.

Her father had trained them well.

"My Lady, my Lady!"

"What is it? Do you have news of the Alpha?"

"No... But we caught... the rogue... managed to take... down ten of us... he's..."

"Just bring me to him," Crystella cut the wolf off, irritated by his panting speech. The wolf nodded fervently and scampered out of the hall, with Crystella following behind.

She recognised the path—the wolf was taking her to the open space where the Warriors would normally train. Located near the woods, the wolves must be having a tough time holding the rogue down for them to be placing him there and not the cells.

The cool air greeted them as they finally stepped into the open space. There was a series of shouts and growls, but they immediately ceased when the wolf announced Crystella's presence.

"My Lady," the group of wolves said in unison. Most of them were bloodied, some even having obvious deep wounds that needed immediate attention.

"Bring the medics here. Now," Crystella told the same wolf right before he nodded his head and scurried off.

It took her ten steps to reach the rogue. When she did, all she could smell was the stench of fresh blood and dirt.

"Do you know who I am?" she asked as she stared the creature. The rogue kept his head down, not giving back any response.

"Look up," Crystella ordered. The rogue remained its position.

"I said, look up," she barked this time, annoyed with the rogue's stubbornness. She was in no mood to play games with the creature that had trespassed her land, and there were more pressing matters to attend to.

When the rogue gave no hints of complying, Crystella glared at the warrior wolves who surrounded the rogue. They nodded in response, before kicking the rogue.

"Look up you little runt," one of them growled as he hit the rogue right at the back of his head.

"Runt?" the rogue retorted, finally speaking up. He laughed manically, then spat on the wolf.

"Look at you, calling me a runt when I took down ten of you! And you call yourselves warrior wolves! Ha, how pathetic!" the rogue continued, the wolves growling louder with his every word.

"And who's the one being bound now?" Crystella muttered.

"You must be the high and mighty daughter of Craw, I've heard so much about you," the rogue suddenly said as looked straight into Crystella's eyes, having heard her remark.

Crystella stilled.

With his head held high now, she could see that his face was covered in fresh blood and she could barely make out any slight details. But his eyes.

His eyes. She knew those eyes.

Staring right at her, the rogue's eyes gleamed in gold.

// ohohohohohoho; two golden eyed boys ;)

short chapter but I promise the next one will be longer with more interactions heh

hit dat star if you liked this and want more; stay tuned :D

(btw I know Crystella's really boring and WTF but hang in there, she'll eventually change when Chase enters and there's also reasons to why she's being such a bitch she is ;) )

avocados,
Jia Yue