11

"Well that's an interesting story."

Harold rolled his eyes.

"It's a story that we tell to the kids to explain—"

"The eye colour, mate bond, peace symbol, yeah, yeah," Chase finished off for Harold as he removed his shirt.

It had been four days since the basil plants incident, four days of annoying Harold for what the basil meant and four days of not seeing the Alpha's daughter. The look on her face before she entered her room had him thinking about it for nights—there wasn't any expression on her face, no, it was an expression of a completely blank state, one that suited her the best.

"If I could a million dollars for every time you interrupt me—"

"What happened to the Alpha's daughter?" Chase asked while he stretched his arms.

Harold let out a big huff.

"What's with your complete obsession with her Lady?"

Chase let out a burst of laughter. He had asked himself the same exact question so many times and found no answer. He was just simply attracted to her, to her mysterious cold, heart exterior. Chase wondered what it would exactly take to break her.

"I don't know," Chase simply replied with a shrug, a smirk hanging on the edge of his lips. Harold rolled his eyes for the thousandth time before removing his shirt too. Chase's smirk grew.

"I'm sorry that I don't have a great body like yours," Harold spat, sarcasm dripping his every word. Chase laughed and smack him hard on his back.

"Yet, Harry, yet," he managed to say between laughs, causing Harold's irritation to rise. Deciding to ignore him for the rest of training, he began his warm-up before heading to gather.

Chase, who chose to ignore Harold's rejection, followed along Harold, spouting nonsensical jokes.

"—and it's the watermelon. Know why? Because—"

The punchline died in Chase's throat when Harold came to a stop. He could almost see the wave of panic drowning the adolescent wolf. And Chase knew exactly why when he turned his gaze to where Harold was looking.

"This must be Hazel, your dad..." Chase trailed off, eyes scanning the muscular looking man in front of him, "He looks way younger than I thought."

"Seriously? Are you still harping on the 'Hazel's your dad?' joke?" Harold snapped back, fully annoyed with Chase and his antics.

Chase stared, eyes widened.

"I was being serious when I said that."

Before Harold could argue, the man they were staring at took a quick turn in their direction and noticed them.

"Crap," Harold muttered. The young wolf had tried to keep the rogue as far away from his brother as possible and it seemed like his efforts could only separate them until then.

The man began walking towards them and Chase straightened his back, his expression morphing from his usual cheeky self to a more serious one. His smirk, however, still sat snugly at the corner of his mouth.

"Hello, little brother," the man greeted as he stood in front of the pair. Harold forced a smile for his brother, slightly embarrassed by his brother's endearment.

"Ah, an older brother. I should have figured that out," Chase said as he placed out his right hand, an invitation for a handshake.

The man stared at his hand.

"Please take it. My right hand is starting to feel shy from all the rejection," Chase prompted after a few seconds of silence. The man raised a brow, before finally taking Chase's hand in his and giving it a firm and hard shake.