"And you are to address the Alpha's daughter as 'My Lady', sir," the pack member, Harold, continued. Chase laughed.

"I do, don't I? And call me Chase," he told Harold with a wink, baffling the teenage wolf.

When Chase realised that his companion was unable to come up with any response, he gave a big smile and placed his arm around Harold's shoulder.

"Loosen up, Harry. Where are we heading though?"

"It's Harold. And we're going to the medic, as—"

"As her Royal Lady Crystella instructed?"

"Yes, as her Lady instructed," Harold replied calmly while pulling away from Chase's arm, "Please refrain from disrespecting Lady Crystella."

Chase grinned and slapped Harold's back.

"Ow—What—"

"Alright, Harry, whatever you say, pal. Now let's get me healed up!"

"It's Harold," the frustrated wolf muttered under his breath as he continued to lead the way to the 'clinic'. By now, the word of the duel which ended in a huge chaos must have been spread throughout the pack and to the ears of the medics. In fact, the other wolves were most probably having their wounds treated.

It was an unexpected smart move made by Chase to pay a visit to the Alpha's daughter before attending his wounds now that Harold realised what the rogue was playing at. The journey from the clearing to her quarters and then to the medic was enough time for Chase to avoid meeting Kyle and Jules while they get their injuries checked.

Jules being the wolf that had interfered with the duel.

It was no surprise that he had stood up to force the rogue away from Kyle—loyal, courageous and well-trained was one of the reasons why he had been chosen to be part of Craw's 'royal' guards, in which he was chosen personally by the Alpha to guard his daughter.

That was, until, she dismissed him on the night when the murder happened.

But even so, every training wolves admired Jules. Ever since he was officially one of the warriors, he was always being complimented by the Alpha, his seniors and every other wolf looked up to him. With the Alpha gone, the wolves had already treated Jules as their head, their captain, listening to his commands while he veered everyone away from chaos.

And the respected wolf just happened to be Harold's brother.

"Do we really have to go there? Won't the other wolves be there too? I'm quite certain that I would not like meeting the hazel brown wolf who came at me," the rogue continued to yap, filling the silence. Harold gritted his teeth. Though he knew he could never match up to the wolf, part of him still wanted to pounce on him like how his brother did just then, clawing his lips off, tearing his tongue out—

"Earth to Harry."

"For the love of Craw, it's Harold!" the wolf cried as he sped up his pace, suddenly wanting the creature beside him to hopefully meet his brother in the nurse's place. Besides, Monty would gladly appreciate the entertainment after treating all the other wolves.

The rogue caught up effortlessly and started humming a tune. Harold groaned.

"How old are you?" the rogue asked, catching Harold off guard.

"Sixteen," he replied after a slight hesitation. The silence continued to grow.

"Well? Aren't you going to ask me back?"

"What?"

"People usually return a question after being questioned. I heard it's what they call 'being polite'," the rogue said, smirking.

Harold bit back a curse. He realised then that the creature had only three expressions while he was sane—either he was grinning, smirking or laughing.

He almost forgot how savage he was during the duel.

"I'm twenty—"

"I didn't ask. And we're here," Harold snapped, wishing now that her brother was still inside the room and would kick the rogue's ass once he saw him. He probably would.

"Is he still inside? I mean, you saw long much effort it took to stop the fight."

Harold sighed. Then again, he did not want to stir up another chaos that might get Monty furious and moody. No one liked an angry Monty and seeing how it took almost the entire crowd to pry Kyle from safety and to hold to rogue down from clawing at anyone, it was safer to keep the rogue out of anyone's sight for now.

Where are you?

In my room. Why?

Nothing. Rest well.

Thanks.

"He's not here," Harold told the rogue after mind-linking his brother. The rogue was fortunate enough to have Jules as Harold's kin.

"Wait, you and Hazel are related?" the rogue asked while entering the room. When Harold gave no response, the rogue probed further.

"Hazel's your dad?" the rogue exclaimed, eyes wide.

"Think however you like," Harold replied as calmly as he could, biting his underlip.

"Wow, no wonder he was so strong. But he was unusually fast for his age..." the rogue trailed off.

A woman had run up to them, raised her hand, and swung it down to the rogue's cheek.

// I had never updated this quick before. Here's to the end of holidays :')

vote/comment/share/wtv if you enjoyed this chapter with Harold :D
p.s. I'm thinking of having the mind-link only available to blood ties in my story mhm so not even mates have them HAHA but they do have their own sepcial connection :>

avocados,
Jia Yue