The dinner ended swiftly as everyone finished their food in silence.

Everyone had returned to their rooms, taking along the tension that nearly suffocated Chase alive. Furthermore, what was with everyone's interest in his twin brother?

Why can't you be more like Justin? You are his twin yet you're the complete opposite of him. Why did I even—

Breathe in and bury. He couldn't be thinking about that at such a time now.

Some interesting facts (that Chase had learnt over the dinner) to note, however, were that Joseph was accommodating the daughter of Fauve and some status-less wolf whilst treating them with high regard—high enough for them to sit with him and his daughter for dinner. He did not know what the Fauve female's name was, but he knew that the normal mutt was named Markus.

Boy did that name rang a bell when Joseph mentioned it.

When had he heard it before? Not today, he knew for sure, how about some time ago? Did someone of fame have the same name as him? Or had he by chance meet—

...Markus and I... Daddy brings me... Why did...there—

A sudden intense pain shot through Chase's head. It was always like that with his memories: as though there was something that was locked inside his brains for good, locked away from him for the better—

You're filthy, disgusting, vile and insane. I'm not scared of you, Kelsey, I'm merely sympathetic towards your ever pathetic self.

The words rang loud and clear in his mind, just like the time when the female pack member struck him across his cheek.

The temptation to take one of those words and unfold it was evident, telling him to trace the words back to a pit that should be avoided.

Come, they said, come and tear me apart. Find out what I'm made from, who I came from.

And he did.

-

They said curiosity killed the cat. But more than that, it broke the wolf.

// don't kill me (again)