By the time Chase got out of the shower, dusk was already approaching. The Alpha had persuaded them to stay for the night before continuing their discussion the next morning, claiming that he too, was concerned about Crystella's health.

He had raised an eyebrow on that, but the Alpha had given no chance for Chase to argue, stating immediately after, that Crystella had agreed to his suggestion, before leaving the room that Chase had been given.

It was luxurious, really, the guest room that the Alpha had allowed him to stay in. Back in Craw's pack, all unmated male wolves slept in the dorm regardless of their position, and every night was a torture to the light-sleeper Chase when the snores started. He actually had better sleep during the nights of his stay in the prison.

He looked around him, glancing at the décor of the guest room, whistling at the sight of how much effort had been placed in furnishing the room. The Alpha's private quarters must be even more ridiculously luxurious, and the thought of that made Chase shook his head in disapproval.

Chase couldn't find himself to respect a prideful Alpha who loves to show off his wealth.

The more he stayed in the room, the more uncomfortable he felt. It could be the luxury of the room or just the unshakeable disturbed vibe he got from the pack—either way, he needed fresh air.

Changing into a clean set of clothes (which was a little too big for him), he slipped into the unfamiliar corridors of the mansion, wandering aimlessly.

With his mind thinking about all the recent events that had happened to him, he was surprised to find out that his legs had taken him to a large balcony that faced the woods.

But he wasn't the only one that had chanced upon it.

"Hey."

Crystella spun around. A look of shock flashed past her face before it returned back to its original cold, composed expression.

"What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" Chase returned the question, a grin already tugging at his lips. There was something delightful in teasing the Alpha's daughter no matter the situation.

"I don't know," she replied after a few seconds of silence as Chase walked over to her. Her response took him by surprise. There wasn't a time when the Alpha's daughter wasn't confident about her actions.

Then again, Chase hadn't known the Alpha's daughter for long.

"The sunset is beautiful," Crystella spoke, surprising Chase again. He studied the sky.

"It looks the same to me," he commented, not seeing the uniqueness of the day's sunset. The sunset was a common sight for him and watching its occurrence almost every day since young had made the one spectacular sight a plain, mundane one.

Crystella did not offer a reply to Chase's remark. Instead, she continued to gaze at the sight presented in front of her.

The sunset ended soon enough.

The sky now was an indigo blue, the stars emerging slowly, one by one.

"Are you—?"

"How did—?"

The two of them stared at each other in silence.

Chase laughed.

"You first," he said to Crystella, whose face was still unreadable as ever.

The Alpha's daughter continued to stare at him. Chase raised an eyebrow.

"Is there something on my face?"

"No," she replied swiftly. With that, she turned around and walked away.

Leaving Chase staring at the rising moon, wondering what the hell was all that about.

// back from the hiatus :D

(please don't kill me)

avocados,