Crystella tried her best to remain her poker face when the crowd became still after Chase made his little self-introduction. No one said anything as his hand remained raised in a 'freeze-wave'.

"Okay..." Chase said after the awkward silence, placing his hand down, "No waves. I get it."

She could sense that the warriors were confused and triggered by Chase's sudden challenge and it was understandable. After all, they might still be doubting Chase's innocence—no matter how much she had tried to convince them the day before.

Not that Crystella whole-heartedly trusted Chase. The only reason why Crystella had even considered letting Chase join the pack was because of Kelsey's Alpha.

"If the Chase I know is to kill anyone, he would have done it discreetly, making sure he wouldn't make a scene out of it. Besides, he couldn't and wouldn't have helped Justin," Kelsey said, "I didn't want to banish him from the pack but I had to—for some private reasons. So please, if he wishes to join Craw, accept him on behalf of our packs' friendship."

Crystella had politely agreed then, seeing how the Alpha had placed down his pride to plead with her. She wondered what her father would have done if he was there instead. No doubt would he laugh it off and ordered an execution for Chase's head the next day.

The crowd remained silent and the tension between the two parties grew. Crystella cleared her throat.

"Anyone?" Crystella asked.

"I will."

Heads turned as the volunteer walked forward.

"Hi," Chase greeted as he offered his hand.

"I'm Kyle," the strongly built wolf said without taking a glance at the outstretched hand, "And I will avenge the deaths of our pack members. Remember that, rogue."

"I will like to see you try," Chase challenged as he kept his hand to himself, crossing both his arms.

The other wolf growled while the crowd jeered. Crystella held her hand out, calling for silence.

"Kyle and Chase from Kelsey will duel till surrender. This shall not become a battle for revenge or anything else. It is simply a test to see if this wolf over here deserves to be one of us," Crystella explained to the crowd.

As Crystella expected, protests from the crowd were remarkable.

"Ouch, I never knew I was so unpopular. It hurts, it really does," Chase said as he frowned and pouted his mouth. The warrior wolf Kyle narrowed his eyes at Chase. Chase winked in response and a growl escaped Kyle's throat.

"Whenever you're ready," Crystella told the two wolves before backing off to watch the scene. She knew that her pack's warrior wolves were the best of the best compared to the other packs, but somehow, she was clenching her fist before the wolves even got started. Something told her that Chase may just be one of Craw's the next day.

Crystella cleared her mind and concentrated on the sight before of her instead. While Kyle was scrutinising at every single movement his opponent was making, Chase took off his shirt and tossed it to one side. His body told the on watchers that he was indeed a fighter—one that had bear its share of scars, tanned from the hours spent under the sun training and fighting, and of course, muscular and well trained.

"Liking the view?" Chase asked as he gestured to his abdominals. Kyle snorted.

"Let's just get on with this," the already half-naked wolf said, ready to take the rogue out.