1.Duty

"Father. You called me?" Lera alerted her father as she entered his study. His body was broad, facing the window but he turned to face her when he noticed her prescence.

"Yes, I did. Now proceed to the tea room immediately. Your mother and I have to talk to you about some important matters." he told her. Lera nodded and obediently walked to where her father told her to go to.

Lera waited silently and properly in the tea room, not messing up her posture for even a single second. Sometimes she just wanted to relax and live like a normal person but she wasn't normal. At least by status.

She was the second princess of Arinos and despite being second, it was still a very high rank and it was up to her to live up to it. Finally, her parents walked in with her sister, Kisa, by their side.

Lera quickly stood up and bowed to greet her family members as her parents and sister sat at the table she was sitting at. Lera then sat as well.

"What was it that you wanted to talk to me about, Father?" Lera asked, making her parents look at each other. They hesitated and finally Kisa spoke. "What Father and Mother wanted to talk about is of your future plans."

"Mine?" Lera asked, amused. Usually, it was all about Kisa, the first princess, not her. Her father glanced at Kisa and finally parted his lips to speak.

"You're engaged to the prince of Clarines, my daughter. In two days, you'll be going there to get married."

Lera gasped in shock. When did this even happen??! Me? Engaged?
But it might be my chance to prove my worth!!! I can finally not stay in the shadow of my sister any longer.

She agreed to their unexpected announcement, which sent relief to both her parents and her sister. This would surely benefit Arinos in some way. The upbringing marriage between the prince of Clarines and the princess of Arinos.

Tomorrow, I will have to prepare everything I can for my settling in Clarines. Apparently, I will be meeting this future husband of mine. Surely, he can't be too bad. I wonder how it will turn out.

♢♢♢

The next day passed earlier than expected and finally, it was the day for her to leave. She said goodbye to her family and her people and set off to Clarines.

Meanwhile in Clarines...

"Zen, Princess Lera of Arinos, is coming for an engagement issue."

"Engagement? With who?"the younger prince asked, clearly wanting more information.

"That is the problem. Our father and hers never chose which one of us was to marry her. But sooner or later, we are going to have to come to a conclusion."

"I understand, Brother."

After hearing his brother's notice, Zen left. Leaving Izana wondering in his chamber. Lera huh? It's about time we meet in quite a few years. I wonder how she is now....

Two days later, she arrived. Safe and unhurt. Lera wondered who would be there to welcome her. As she descended from her carriage, she saw a tall, broad man holding out a hand for her.

She took it and smiled. "I am Izana Wysteria, and I welcome you to Clarines. You must be Lera. I must say, you're quite a beauty." Lera was flattered by his words and she slightly blushed.

"Thank you. What a beautiful country you live in!"she exclaimed, looking at the scenery around her. Izana chuckled, still holding her hand.

"Do not worry, you will be exploring with me for the next few days." he said and it made her feel happy. "But first, let us have you freshened up."

She nodded and entered the castle. She was amazed by how different it was from Arinos. Everything was brilliantly decorated and the grandeur showed no bounds.

She loved it. She was beginning to love being herself.

She was escorted to her bedroom by Izana and a few maids. "This will be your room. If you need anything, they will be at your service." he pointed at the maids. "We will meet soon by dinnertime. Well, until then..." he held her hand and gave it a soft kiss.

"Alright."she replied and went inside her room. It was quite large, larger than her own room in Arinos. Lera was amazed by the master artwork and the decor dressing the walls of her room. But she realized...

I'm probably going to be in a different room soon...and definitely not alone....I'll be a married woman and I won't have the freedom I have now....

She found herself standing on the balcony staring at the beautiful view ahead of her. Arinos was never like this. It was a different feeling for her yet it feels so peculiarly comfortable.

Until, her thoughts were interrupted by a young man falling on his knees in front of her. Lera was shocked! A boy had jumped from above and landed right in front of her!!!

"Uh..uh.."

"Sorry 'bout that."the fair haired man said. "I was escaping Mitsuhide from his suffocating lecture. I apologize for the interruption but I'll get going now." he said and turned to climb off the balcony.

He stopped before jumping. "I'll probably see you again, Miss..?"

"Lera..." Lera found herself answering the stranger. She quickly clasped her mouth with her hands, as if he was a dangerous spy.

"Lera...hmm....ohh! You're the...!" he stopped. "No..never mind. The time will come when it comes."

"What about you? I mean your name?" Lera asked back. "Me? Just your ordinary castle denizen." he answered jokingly. "You can call me Zen."

"Um...okay."

"Then...I'll see you later. Bye!" he said and jumped off. "Bye...!" Lera said but he wasn't there to hear it. That was a weird encounter...

Later, Lera prepared herself for the big dinner that night. She was going to have dinner with the royal Wisteria family and it excited her very much.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Lera went to open her door. She smiled at her the man who smiled back at her. "Shall we go, milady?"

Lera nodded shyly. It was Izana.