6.Rank

I'd have to say. I was very lucky. Izana didn't seem to have known of my whereabouts the night before.

Thank god of the seven holy stars!!!

I was just in time to get back to my room and refresh myself. Then I pretended to be asleep. Until...

Knock! Knock!

Even without me answering the knock, Izana opened the door only to find me in bed. "Good morning, Lera." he smiled and I greeted back.

After our early meal, we were on the first ride back to the mainland. I felt so tired since I couldn't even sleep a wink last night. Let alone this morning.

The breeze was so inviting and I let my heavy eyelids shut my sight. Into a wonderful dream of warm embraces and comforting aura.

When I woke up, I was back in my room in the palace. The only explanation could be that Izana either carried or dragged me here.

I could see the sun outside midway before sunset. I felt like taking a bath. I was sweating inside out. Probably due to tiredness.

I took a bath and changed into new clothes before I saw Zen lurking outside my window.

I hurried over and opened it for him. "Now you're becoming a stalker, " I teased and he just smirked.

"Yes, I guess you intrigue me very much."

I felt blush rose from both of my cheeks and and I tried to look anywhere except his eyes which were an enchanting ocean blue.

"A-anyway! Why are you here?" I asked, forcing myself to look at him. "I thought you'd be awake by this time so I came to check up. What you did yesterday wasn't exactly safe, you know?" he said, positioning himself on the balcony turning his front towards me.

I nodded uneasily while I thought all of the dreadful things many people might do if they found out. I guess my secret could be safe with Zen...

Even though he was the reason I was there in the first place!!!

But...

If I weren't there, I might never meet Shirayuki again...

Thank you, Zen...

"How's Shirayuki?" I asked and he stood up. "I guess she's fine too. She's living at an inn I recommended near the palace," he said and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Speaking of Shirayuki, she's coming to visit the palace tomorrow. Under the name of being my guest. I suppose she'd want to see you too so come to my headquarters tomorrow. I'll send either Kiki or Mitsuhide to get you."

"Alright. Thanks for your concern by the way." I said and he smiled mischieviously. "My pleasure." he held my hand and kissed it gentleman-likely before jumping off the balcony as usual.

I shouted a usual 'be careful' message and he waved back in assuarance. Then I watched him get over the castle walls and disappear into the thick woods.

♢♢♢

"Milady, his Highness is waiting for you in the gardens." a maid told me. She seemed worried.

"Um...before I do so, why don't you tell me your name? I'm sure we can get along well."

"But...I'm a maid and...you're going to be married to the prince of this country. If I talk with you, I'd be humiliating you..."

"Just because we're classified as different ranks doesn't mean we can't be friends with one another. What's your name?" I asked and she twitched a bit.