2.Stay

I had been walking side by side with Izana for quite a while on the castle grounds. I wondered where the dinner would even be taking place.

This was comfortable. I saw no maids or butlers following or awaiting for duty. Back in Arinos, my parents forced servants on me and Kisa.

"Do tell me about your homeland." Izana asked suddenly. He wasn't even looking at me. His eyes were forward and determined.

"Well, Arinos can be a wonderful country really." Lie...

People never expected much from me. I'm sure Father is just happy enough to bethrothe me with another prince.

"I see. Then it must have been hard for you to leave your people." Izana stated and I frowned internally but smiled on the outside. Nobody misses me...

Nobody....

♢♢♢

After quite a long walk, we arrived at the dinnerplace. As expected, it was of exquisite material and masterpiece arts decorated on the walls.

Just as we entered, a butler walked over to Izana and whispered something to him. Then he bowed and walked away.

"It appears that my parents won't be joining us for dinner. They have another matter to attend to. I apologize for any inconvenience. Especially since you are about to be their daughter-in-law."

I smiled. "No, it's perfectly fine. I'm sure the king and queen are just as eager as I am to have dinner as a family."

"Please, do have a seat." he pulled back a chair and I sat down. Izana sat across from me and waited for more arrivals.

Soon enough, three people walked in. I watched as one particular person sat down with his two bodyguards standing behind him. One was a blonde girl and the other a tall male.

Wait...isn't he??? The one who jumped onto the balcony today?!

He looked at me but didn't say anything. Possibly trying to pretend as if his encounter with me never happened in the first place.

"Lera, this is my brother, Zen." Izana introduced and the silver haired boy nodded as a greeting. I nodded back.

So, that must be why he acted the way he did today. Fine, I would just have to go along with his schemes then.

"A pleasure meeting you. I am Lera from Arinos. I hope we can get to know more about each other!" I said with a smile.

"I hope so too." was all he said before we were served dinner by dozens of butlers and maids. I really enjoyed how Clarines cuisine tasted differently from Arinos', which was mostly seafood.

After dinner, I was escorted back to my room by Izana. Zen didn't come along considering his excuse of being busy with training.

But it wasn't the last I saw of him that night.

He appeared again, on my balcony, a minute before midnight. This time, it wasn't an accident. He came looking for me.

He made a deal with me.

And I said yes.