40.Grace

"It doesn't have to be if you don't want to."

I looked at him in the eyes. He seemed dead serious. I had to say something back. Unfortunate as it was, no words were coming out of my mouth.

Izana smirked before taking my hand and landing a gentle kiss upon it. I blushed, not knowing how to react. "I'm just joking, Lera. We can have all the time we need once we're married. And trust me, I don't intend to let you ever leave my side by then."

I blushed into a darker shade of red. How could he still remain so cool even after saying such words? That was when I felt a pair of lips on mine.

My eyes widened as I blushed profusely. Izana had given me a peck on the lips which lasted a few moments before withdrawing with a smirk on his face.

"Have a good night, Lera..." He said before walking away from me while I was left as a blushing mess. When I went to bed, I only kept thinking about him.

How was he making me feel this way every time?

But then, thoughts about Anri flashed through my mind. Why was she acting so strangely when I told her about the possibility of her being the late King's child?

She seemed really angry too. Maybe I was onto something. Just then, I heard a knock on my door. Thinking it was Kinare who would usually check everything when I went to bed, I opened it before meeting a pair of familiar bright green eyes.

"I'm back, Lera!"

My eyes sparkled to her greeting and I gave her a huge hug as I had missed her just as much as she did. "Welcome back, Shirayuki!"

♢♢♢

Izana's P.O.V

After seeing Lera back to her room, I headed straight back to mine. Before encountering with a certain fair-haired lady that was supposedly Kaine's sister.

When she saw me, she looked....happy? She approached me eagerly but had a shy touch to her approach. When she got close enough, I was the first one to ask.

"Why are you here?"

She hesitated, taking time to say anything and I got a bit irritated. "If you have nothing to say, then I'll take my leave." I said, brushing past her to my room.

It was then that she grabbed on my arm from behind and held herself close to me. "Um...I," She spoke. It was the first time I had heard her speak.

"I have to tell you something..." She said. "It's a really private matter....I want to speak about it in your room." She said.

Such a bold request. "Nonsense." I stated before brushing her aside and continuing on to my room before she called out to me again.

"Prince Izana...it's about the Queen's plans and my brother!" She claimed and I turned to her. Mother had something to do with this....?

She kept looking at me with those expectant eyes before I sighed slightly. "Very well. Make sure to summarise it. I don't have a lot of time."

♢♢♢

Lera's P.O.V

I was so excited to see Shirayuki again. Her eyes gleamed the same emotion as a flurry of questions swept through my mind.