26.Farewell

Two days went by. I feared Izana would capture Angov and torture him to death. But Obi came by the balcony the day before, reporting that he had Angov hidden in another area.

I was only allowed to have my meals at designated times and Kinare was my only companion and she told me all about what was happening outside.

Izana came by sometimes but he never looked happy. I had to spend a great deal of time to think about how to explain all of it to Izana.

"Goodnight, Lera." Izana said at the entrance of the room. The only reason he came that day was to tell that the wedding would be a month later.

Just as he was about to leave, I mustered up the courage to talk to him. "Wait! Izana..."

He turned to me, slightly opening the door again. "What's the matter?" he asked. It appeared he had forgiven me a tiny bit about what he was angry about.

"I, um, just thought I could spend more time with you. Would you perhaps mind if we go to the gardens together tomorrow?" I asked slowly.

"So that you can escape and meet that man again?" he immediately responded. It was going to be a hard effort to gain back his trust.

"Of course not! I only wish to do so since I fear we might need some time to be together. I want you to know that I have no one but you." I shot back almost instantly.

My face heated up from what I had just said and blushed. Then I heard something I thought I'd never hear for weeks.
Izana let out a charming chuckle.

"Very well. Maybe I was wrong about my judgement with you. I will see to you tomorrow morning then." Izana said and left.

Thank god he still had a hint of trust for me. I had to tell him everything. I needed to. Or else I might regret it for the rest of my life. Besides, Kisa was still in danger.

My heart ached knowing I might not return to Clarines every again. Either by my will to leave early or the nobles banishing me when they hear about Arinos.

And Izana. How would he feel? How would I hold on without him in my life?

♢♢♢

Morning came later than I had hoped. Kinare was already at my service with fresh warm water and petals for my bath. I changed into my most comfortable gown since I needed all the comfort to talk to Izana.

After changing, I heard a knock on my door. As expected, it was Izana. Right on time and never late.

"Shall we go then?" he asked and I nodded. He extended his arm for me and I hooked mine with his. We went to the garden after breakfast and it was a slow yet painful walk.

"I'm sorry." Izana said. I looked at him, confused. "I acted too quickly when I gave you your punishment. I should have thought carefully about your perspective as well. Maybe it's just because I have come to love you too much." he said.

Izana was actually sorry. Tears welled up in my eyes and I hugged him tightly. The same scent with the same aura. I loved every bit of him and nothing would be able to change my aspect about him.

Izana seemed a bit shocked but he hugged back. With our tight embrace, I seemed to have forgotten what I was going to tell. It broke my heart to leave him.

That would probably be our last encounter ever. "Izana, I love you too. Very much." I cried. "I'm sorry too..."

"I won't lock you up in your room anymore so please, I want you to be honest with me." he said.

"I will. As much as I can."

My final moments in Clarines was ending. Obi had sought out a plan to take me out of the nation along with Angov without any obstacles but the palace guards.

"Listen," Obi told me. "Taking your brother out is easy. But not you since Izana still has spies to keep any eyes on you."

I nodded. He continued, "If there's any way to get you out, that personal maid of yours is gonna be handy. She's gotta handle to disguise herself as you and you as her. Got it?"

"Then wouldn't that get her into trouble?" I asked, worried. I couldn't just put Kinare into danger just for my convenience.

"Sure, the worst would only be solitary confinement for a week or a few whippings but your sister's life is on the line. It's really your choice. I'm just giving you the best option."

I kept pondering how I would ask Kinare. "Alright. I will try asking her." When I got back after meeting up with Obi, I ran into Shirayuki. As always, she had a hanful of books and herbs in her arms.

"Long time no see, Lera!" she smiled. I could see that it wasn't really genuine however. The fact that I had been locked in by Izana was well-known around the palace dwellers.

"Hi, Shirayuki. Where are you going?" I asked. She darted her eyes towards Zen's chambers. "Zen said he's been having muscle aches and caught a cold lately so I'm taking some medicine to him."

"I see. Should I follow? That seems really heavy." I pointed at the layers of books and bottles of herbs she was carrying. "Oh this?" She lifted it a bit higher to show her strength. "I think I can handle it."

With that, she left to meet Zen. I wondered if anything happened between Zen and Shirayuki. Of course, if it was something love related, I would surely cheer for Shirayuki.

For now, I should be preparing. I packed in a few of my most comfortable dresses into a sack. Once I finished packing up, I looked around my room once again.

Here I go again...

Going without permission. If only Father was here to scold me the way he used to...

And Mother to comfort me whenever I cried...

But times were changing. All I had left to do was to move forward without a single regret. So I would be saving my one and only sister.

Along with my tears of lament...