Chapter 2

Chapter 2 / Hope
Chorong's POV

"How many times do I have to tell you that I won't give you my song?"

The CEO of a small entertainment agency clenched his jaw. He's probably around his fifty's but he's still trying to debut a girl group that would compete with a lot more others who came from bigger companies. There is nothing wrong with that. He's just a bit hopeless and he plays dirty.

So, he wants to buy my song.
I should be damn right happy because I'm still pretty much an unknown songwriter and to have a CEO take interest in my song could have been amazing only if:

1. He didn't think I'm a person auditioning to be an idol when I first came here.

2. He didn't insist I should be an idol.

3. He didn't try to buy my song and release it, crediting a person I don't even know.

Basically, I have reasonable reasons why I shouldn't give my song to this old man. I would never, in a million years, sell my song knowing I won't get the credit for it. My songs are my thoughts. They come from nothing else but myself. They come from my failures and success, from my love and heartbreaks, from my whole life. I promised myself I would only share them with the right singer who would give the lyrics justice.

But even the vocalist this old man is offering to sing the song isn't even that good. She sings with no emotions at all. She needs to be told that before they debut her as the main vocalist of her group.

"You won't come here if you didn't change your mind. Look, I'm offering you a good deal. You get the large sum of money I'm offering you and you get a month of royalties for the song. What more do you want?"

"I came here because you said we're negotiating and you know what I want. I want proper credits!"

He shook his head. "One thing you don't get in this industry is people like you will go nowhere if you don't know how to go with the flow."

"Are you done? Because my feet are itching to leave this place."

"You will regret this day, Park Chorong."

"I can't predict the future, but I can predict that you're wrong." I replied before bending my head a little for a respect he doesn't deserve. "Good bye."

I sighed right after I've closed the door. I took out my phone and called my friend, Eunji. "Yes? Jung Eun Ji of Apink, speaking. How may I help our songwriter?" She asked with a giggle in the end.

Apink is a duo group, consisting of my friendsㅡEunji and Namjoo. I wrote their debut song, 'To Us' and even though it didn't get on the music charts, I'm still glad to be able to write their first song.

I smiled a little. "Up for a drink?"

"Eonni!" She yelled suddenly. I put the phone away from my ear.

"What?"

"You know we can't drink in public anymore." She said.

I frowned. "Then lets drink in private."

She laughed. "Call. I'll tell Namjoo."

"Okay! See you guys at the karaoke house!"

#

"Closed." Namjoo said, reading the sign on the karaoke house's door. "Did you really close down just for us? Omo, eonni! We're not that famous yet."

Eunji laughed.

I frowned. "I just got here too and no one would look out for it so I just closed it for a while."