Chapter 10

Chapter 10 / One Song
Changsub's POV

Tuesday. I officially signed a contract with Bana Entertainment as their trainee, but Jinyoung told me I am set off as a soloist. I'm actually glad about that, so I texted Chorong to tell her the news.

contract signed. im officially a trainee again.
⬅ your mr. wrong told me that i might debut as a soloist, isnt he so great

➡ yay! this calls for a milkshake.
➡ MR. WRONG??? HAHAHAHA Very funny, Lee Changsub.
➡ you are fit to be a soloist :)

I smiled like that emoji she sent and then I headed to my music shop. Eunkwang was looking out for it. If you're wondering what Eunkwang does, he's a freelance actorㅡfor musicals. And yes, he sings amazingly.

We both met in college, majored music.

When I came in, he was singing his lungs out over the keyboard.

I Miss You by Kim Bum Soo

And it reminded me of Naeun. I haven't thought of her in days and it's relieving yet strange. Maybe it's good to be busy in the first place.

Also, Park ChorongㅡI don't know how, but she totally makes me forget about Naeun.

"To whom do you sing this song?" I asked him.

He stopped playing and opened his eyes, then he grinned the Eunkwang-grin. "To you." He said and bats his eyes.

"Jesusㅡstop it!"

He laughed so hard, feet kicking in the air. "What's that song Sungjae always listens to? Ah," He started singing, "I'm so into you, I could barely breathe~"

"Godㅡstop it!"

He laughed again. "You've called Jesus and God. I didn't know you're very religious."

I shook my head and placed my backpack on the chair next to where I sat. "I'm starving."

"How did it go?"

I grinned at him. "I'm a trainee again."

"Dude!" He exclaimed, suddenly getting up to hug me. "I am so glad for you." He said.

I groaned. "Won't you let go?"

He chuckled and pulled himself away. "Let's grab some lunch."

"I can't leave the shop."

He frowned. "Fine. I'll grab us some lunch."

When he left, I pulled out my notebook and my guitar and then I started writing lyrics. I'm gonna consult Chorong about it later.

I thought about my days in the army. Mom. Naeun. The words flew out to the ink of my pen, to the paper.

I’m walking through the dawn
As if I could blow away
the rest of today
The sky is endless and dark
with the night air
When I look up,
I feel like I could touch it
I endured this day with sighs
As I match my foolish steps with the flowing stars...

When Eunkwang came back with a bunch of plastic bags, I left it at three dots and closed the notebook.

"What did you get?" I asked.

He eyed me well. "What were you writing?"

"A song."

His face lit up. "Show me!"

"Not yet."

The light died down. He pouted. "Fine."