Chapter 3

Chapter 3 / Coffee

Chorong's POV

I told myself I would ask the guy if he's a singer or if he's training to be one once he comes out, but I just followed him with my eyes and he didn't shoot me any glances, not even a quick one.

Maybe next time.
Maybe he'll come back.

I closed the shop immediately because I felt exhausted for the day.

I walked home, to my small apartment where mom, dad and I used to liveㅡnow it's just me, she lives in the hospital, and I have no idea where dad is.

Six months ago was the breakdown of my life. We all have that point in our lives when we thought we couldn't survive anymore but we do anywayㅡbecause I realized that's how life makes you feel, like it's always the end but it's not. Somehow, we survive and we find doors we didn't know about before, then we enter them without knowing what's waiting on the other side. It's a risk. Life is always about taking risks even when you don't want to.

I turned on the lights and changed my clothes into comfortable ones, then I boiled water and prepared ramen for my dinner.

Sometimes, I eat with Namjoo and Eunji. Most of the time, I'm alone and I try hard not to cry because I'm tired of crying. But when I'm having a bad day and I know there's no one to make me feel better, I just can't help crying during most of my dinners. If my friends weren't busy, maybe it would be better. If mom was here, maybe it would be much better. If Jinyoung was here, maybe it would all seem alright.

See, Jinyoung was my boyfriend. The first guy in my life. We were together for two years and five months, and then one day, we weren't anymore. I don't want to think about the reason because it frustrates me, because even until the endㅡhe was the nice, sweet guy that I fell in love with. And trust me, that is worse because I still long for him, because I can't hate him even though six months have gone.

The day he ended things between us was the day I got called to the hospital. The day my mom got into an accident for chasing my father who left us for his another surprise family. I didn't know about it until I got to the hospital crying and the doctors told me mom is in a critical condition, I called my dad and he told me he's sorry. I asked him why. He told me the painful truth.

I hated the world. I hated life.
Because right from that moment, I was all alone by myselfㅡand I've never been so alone before.

If anything, these things made me strong and somehow, independent but being strong doesn't mean you won't ever cry anymore. Appearing strong in front of others is easier than sticking to it when you're all alone and you can scream, you can whine, you can cry and throw things around. I always choose to cry quietly until I'm all cried out for the day.

And when the morning sun comes, I hope for better things. I hope that my mom would finally wake up. I hope that my heart will finally be at peace. I hope that I finally succeed.

#

The next day, I cleaned up karaoke rooms before I open up the shop and right in the room where I assigned the guy from yesterdayㅡI found a couple of canned beers, and a ring.

A ring.

I sighed and inspected it. "Is he married already? It didn't seem like it though."

I kept the ring in my pocket with a small grin. Finally, I have a reason to contact him!

But when I came out of the room, my eyes caught a glance of a guy, tapping the glass door of the shop.