Chapter 24

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label
ㅡSo Long, Apink
written by Park Chorong

~

Chapter 24 | Found
Chorong's POV

I waited in front of Moonlight café for Changsub. I stared down at my white sneakers while the rain kept pouring. I should have known he would be busy even after the showcase. My heart glows for him, because he's finally so close to have his voice heard by the whole world. It was the same exact feeling when Namjoo and Eunji debuted. I felt like I was succeeding with them.

I glanced at my wrist watch. It had been twenty minutes or more since I left the venue and texted Changsub to meet me here.

A black van made a stop in front of me and I almost ignored itㅡif I didn't see Changsub hurrying out of it, he had his hands over his head as a shield from the rain. I heard someone yelling from the van before he shut it close.

I felt a little taken aback.
I expected him to come with his bike.
But it just makes sense to be in a van when he just had his showcase and it's raining.

When he stopped, he was so close in front of me that I felt my breathing hitch. Our eyes met. He smiled. I smiled back.

And just like that, my heart's in chaos again.

"Is it alright for you to meet me here?" I asked, because what if some paparazzi followed him? I don't want that to happen because he's a hot topic right now in the K-pop world, and I don't want to ruin it all before he could even officially release his song.

He smiled again, warmly. "You're Park Chorong. Whether they like it or not, I'll come see you."

My cheeks warmed up so I looked down. "I wish it wasn't raining."

I don't know why I feel so nervous. I feel so aware of every bits that is happening inside and outside my body. I feel weird. It was always comfortable with Changsub, but today, after seeing him again after a whileㅡmy heart keeps on racing, and I don't know how to act; where to look or what to say.

We finally decided to go inside the coffee shop since we didn't have much choice on it. We ordered the same things we did; coffee and cheesecake. This time, he got a cheesecake for himself too.

I took a bite from my cake and smiled at him, "Congratulations!"

This is definitely strange. Why are we acting like we're meeting for the first time?

"Thanks for coming to the showcase," he said.

"You already thanked me!" I said with a chuckle.

He shrugged, "It means a lot to me, you know."

I nodded quietly, and of all the moments, my mind chose to remember the last night we saw each otherㅡthe night he kissed me again. All the blood rushed up to my cheeks. I suddenly felt hot.

He had been so gentle and lovely to me. I was too sad to make importance of it.

"Are you alright?" he asked.