Chapter 6

Chapter 6 / Unexpected
Chorong's POV

Who would have thought that after the wedding, I would be sitting with Lee Changsubㅡmy pretend boyfriendㅡon the huge rocks by the Han river with canned beers in our hands.

I opened the first can. "Chaaa~" I said. "Let's have a toast because at least, now you don't have to hope for nothing."

He shrugged and opened his can, tossed it against mine.

I sighed and looked at the skies. It's the most beautiful time of the day when the sun is setting and the skies are orange and faded blue, the clouds are scattered and calm, the surroundings aren't too bright, or too dark but almost everything else from afar is a mysterious silhouette. The time of the day I rarely go out to see and I should see more often.

"If it doesn't make you feel better," I said, swallowing the cold beer down my throat

"If it doesn't make you feel better," I said, swallowing the cold beer down my throat. "I have this ex, tooㅡand I still love him, maybe, but after seeing your ex fiancé's wedding, I want him to get married too because maybe if he did, I could finally let go. I could finally remove him from my life even if he's not in it anymore. You get me, right?"

He took a sip. "You don't just remove a person who's been a big part of you in your life." He said and then he added, "But yeah, you let them go but it doesn't mean you forget about their smile, or the way they talk, or all the things you used to do that they're probably doing now with someone else. You just accept the fact that they're not in your life anymore." His voice cracked a little at the last sentence and we both went quiet.

Maybe he's right. Maybe he's so rightㅡthat it hurts.

So I took a huge sip. "We're miserable." I told him, and surprisingly, he grinned.

"I know." He said.

And from there, we talked about these people that were once ours.

"The first five months into the army, we were constantly texting and calling each other." He said. His hair gets blown by the wind and I couldn't help but stare a little because he looked so calming at that momentㅡlike the sunset. "And then there was this internet problem for about a month but she wrote me letters and I wrote them back and sometimes we talked on the phone. The following months were just hectic, but God knows, I missed her so much."

I think he's a bit drunk already because he's talking so much more than I expected.

I smiled at the thought of writing letters to each other with a long distance relationship. There's just something adorable about it andㅡ"That's sweet." I told him.

"Yeah, right." He said with a bittersweet chuckle as if he was recalling everything in his head. "Damn sweet that I didn't see the following events coming."

I readied my heart for this. The sad part. "So how did she send the breakup message to you?" I asked.

He snorted and shook his hair. That was actually quite adorable too, except that he looked really sad.