Chapter 12

Chapter 12 / A Day With You
Chorong's POV

I know now that there is such thing as a perfect day that ends with rain.

By the time Changsub and I left the park, the skies have turned gray and on our way back to Moonlight's, it started raining so he pedalled faster and I held onto him tighter.

"Why does it rain in a spring day?" he asked. We got off the bike and stood in front of Moonlight Café, under its roof. Both our clothes were soaked already.

"Winter hangover." I said.

"I was planning to drop you off your place but now I can't even do that." He said disappointedly.

I smiled, pushing my wet hair back to look at him. "Do you know that I live nearby?"

He turned to me with a surprised expression on his face. "Seriously? HeolㅡI almost forgot. I mean, been there twice. The first time was with the help of the navigator, second time I was kinda drunk..."

I shrugged. "My shop is nearby. That's where we met. So my place is just blocks away."

"I live in the other town!"

"Near the park, right?"

"How did you know?"

I grinned creepily. "Maybe I'm your stalker!"

"No way!"

I laughed. "Bomi is my employee. I have her resumé."

He grinned. "That's a relief."

I looked at him disbelief. "Hey! Did you seriously think there's a chance I could be a stalker? Like, dude, I didn't even know you exist weeks ago!"

This time he laughedㅡand somehow, the rain and his laugh are a perfect combination.

"Changsub-ah," I called him.

"What?"

"Would you run me home?"

He beamed. "I will run you home."

I chuckled, a bit embarrassed and then we counted to threeㅡthen we ran, going against the pouring rain. Not even halfway, we both stopped and stared at each other, ignoring the fact that it was rainingㅡand then we bursted out laughing. We laughed and laughed, and we couldn't stop.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

He gasped for air. "You should have reminded me I have a bike!"

I hit his shoulder lightly a few times, still laughing. "You should have realized that since you're holding it!"

He sat on his bike and looked at me, grinning. "Well, since we're soaked anyway, let's just take it slow. Hop on my ride!"

"You really need to get your ride a roof." I told him. Today was the first time I had to hold onto him behind the bike and I think I've gotten comfortable with it way too fast.

"Have you ever seen a bike with a roof?"

"Maybe you'd be the first one!"

"Maybe I'd earn money from that."

"The media would go crazy!"

I felt his body vibrate while he laughed. And then we were silent but I liked it. It was a good kind of silence.

"This is the building, right?" he asked.

"You remember it."

"Told you, I was kind of drunk that night so I didn't pay attention to the streets."