Chapter 18

Chapter 18 | Inspiration

-

Chorong's POV

There are many things I have learned in life and one of them is thatㅡnothing really lasts forever, no matter how good things were.

And another one is that: you may fall in love, but it doesn't mean you're ready to commit into that kind of relationship again just yet.

Changsub had been surprised to see me as much as I was surprised to see him with Naeun. "She gave me a ride here." he explained immediately when he approached. "What are you... doing here?"

"Talked with Jinyoung here." I replied casually.

The four of us stood awkwardly together until Changsub noticed something I prayed he wouldn't. "Waitㅡcan we talk privately?" he asked in a deadly, serious voice.

I nodded. We made some distance from Naeun and Jinyoung.

I almost gasped when Changsub tucked strands of my hair behind my ears, then he cupped my cheeks and I wondered if he's just acting again...

"Did you cry?" he asked, looking into my eyes closely.

"Let go." I said.

He squeezed my cheeks. "Why did you cry?"

"Lee Changsub..."

His eyes widened. "Perhapsㅡnoㅡbut, are you back together?" he asked, horrified.

I couldn't grin because he was squeezing my cheeks together. "How dare you." I said, pretend-glaring.

"What?" he asked.

"Seriously, let go. I'm going to kick you!"

He grinned, "I'm so scared," he said sarcastically.

"Yah!"

"Alright, alright."

He let go of my cheeks but he tugged on my shirt, as if hesitating to touch me anywhere again. "What were you doing here?"

"Wanna know?" I asked, moving my jaw to adjust my cheeks back to feel normal.

"Dying to know."

I smirked. "Meet me later."

"Where?" he asked immediately.

I frowned. "In your wildest dreams?"

He frowned back. "Aish, seriously!"

I chuckledㅡthen I stopped. I was just crying few minutes ago. How could I be laughing because of him now? Jeez. I have gone crazy.

"Ask Naeun to give you a ride there." I said and turned my back on him.

"What? Waitㅡwhere are you going?"

"We'll talk later." I said as I approached Naeun and Jinyoung again.

"What about now?" Changsub asked, not minding the two of them.

"Now's not the time. You have an appointment with me. Remember?" Jinyoung chimed in.

"Oh," Changsub replied. "Yeah..."

"I'll meet you inside." Jinyoung said and then he nodded at me and gave another long look before heading back inside.

I looked at Naeun standing awkwardly, then to Changsubㅡwith an uncertain frown. What do we do now?

I walked closer to him and then I sighed, and with gritted teeth, I told him: "Why do you make me do this?"