Chapter 15

Chapter 15 / The World In Your Hands
Chorong's POV

ISN'T IT ALL TOO FAST?
I asked myself as Changsub takes me home. No, not the rideㅡbut me and my heart.

We got off his bike and then we stood in front of each other, not quite meeting eye to eye. I can't meet his eyes because of the revelation inside my headㅡI have no idea why he can't meet mine.

Even so, I smiled. "Thank you for today, especially for coming with me to the hospital." I said, staring at my shoes.

Changsub ruffled my hair with his hand like I was a kid. To my horror, I thought that what if he thought of me as a sister? I looked up at him and finally, I met his eyes with mine. They're shining and happy. I love how I could tell whether he's happy or not just by looking into his eyes.

"Good night, birthday girl." he said, smiling.

"Good night, Lee Changsub. Thanks for the ride!"

He chuckled. "Anytime, with my extravagant bike."

I grinned. "You go first."

He shook his head. "No, I'll see you head in first."

"Come on! Please go first."

"No, you go first."

I sighed. "Fine! Aigoo."

He smiled widely. I smiled back before turning away. "Night!"

But before I could take another step forward, he grabbed my hand. My heart stops beating.

I turned around to face him. "What?" I asked curiously.

He laughed nervously. "Good night."

"Seriously? Let me see you leave first."

He's still holding my hand. I couldn't breathe properly.

He closed his eyes, bent his head down and muttered something I couldn't quite understand.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He looked up and swallowed. "Good night." he said again.

I chuckled. "What's with you?"

He shook his head. "You have no idea." he replied, and then he took my other hand as wellㅡand pulled me closer to him.

My whole world was on pause.

He stared at me for a while. I felt like he was taking in all my facial features with his eyes, so I looked down self-consciously. Also, I'm afraid that he sees me, tooㅡthat if he'd look long enough into my eyes, he would know how I feel about him.

I just turned twenty-sevenㅡand that's the age people start to realize that they have really become an adult even though they've been one for many years before that. It's the age when they've learned a lot from past experiences in life. It's the age when most people have fallen in love and have gotten their hearts broken. But with Changsub, I feel so much youngerㅡwith him, it feels like I'm falling in love for the first time all over again, like I've never been broken.

He didn't let go of my hand, so when I felt something soft and warm against my lips, I'm suddenly wearing my heart on my sleeves. I am vulnerable.

I closed my eyes and there it isㅡhe is kissing me. I couldn't believe that it's possible to feel like the world is in your hands. That's how I felt at that very moment, even though the kiss wasn't quick or long, it was enough to shake my whole world.

His lips separated from mine softly, but the way he pulled himself away was quickㅡas if he was electrified.

I opened my eyes slowly, my cheeks were warm and my heart wasn't able to calm down. I couldn't look at him. What if he regrets it? I don't want him to regret it. I stared at the ground and for what felt like forever, we just stood again in front of each other.