Chapter 13

Chapter 13 / Surprise
Chorong's POV

The alcohol has kicked in and I feel really, really dizzy and sleepy but I cannot stop thinking about Lee Changsubㅡand while I do that, my heart keeps on beating so loud as if blood was pumping through my ears. It was so fast that I felt breathless. Isn't that crazy?

He left my place about twenty minutes ago. He changed into his dried up clothes and Sungjae picked him up. But even after he left, he's still all over me.

I can't believe I spent a perfect day with someone called Lee Changsub. Lee Changsub. Lee Changsubㅡgosh. What is he doing to me? I am way past the age in which I should be feeling like a teenager with a newly found crush.

I laid on my back and stared at the ceiling. I'm afraid he makes me forget about everything else when we're together.

Today, I learned a lot about him as much as he learned things about me. The game Truth or Drink wasn't really difficult because both of us opened up to each other.

Changsub's dad passed away when they were still kids. His mom passed away while he was in the army. It's so sad. So, so sad that I wanted to hug him the way he did to me earlier. Instead I just told him, "Whatever happens, please don't lose hope and be strong. Life is full of possibilities. Years from now, you could be having your song all over the radio and when that day comes, know that your parents would be so, so proud of youㅡnot only because you achieved your dream, but also because you held on through thick and thin."

He had smiled at me, and looked at me so lovingly that it brought warmth to my cheeks. Could it really be possible that he would feel that way to me? No, it's just way too fast. Our worlds revolved too fast. It's just like yesterday, we were both in love with someone else. And what about Jinyoung? Am I really over him?

I hugged my soft pillow tight and smiled with my eyes closed. Yes, maybe I'm really over him.

It's so strange to spend so much time praying for him to come back to me and then one day, I just stop.

I fell asleep that night, thinking how scary it is that love could fade away anytime.

#

Changsub's POV

"Oppa, tell me the truth. What do you think of Park Chorong?" Bomi asked while we were having breakfast. She served me a hot coffee.

I blinked my eyes. Am I fully awake now? My head is aching. I should really stop drinking a lotㅡbut Truth or Drink was fun last night. A smile crept on my face. Bomi gasped at this, thinking it's the answer to her question so I said, "What were you saying?"

"I asked what do you think about Park Chorong?"

I frowned. "Oh, by the way, why didn't you tell me you work in her shop?"

"Because you didn't ask."

"Do I have to ask? You used to tell me a lot about what's going on with you."

She rolled her eyes. "So are you the only one who's allowed to change?"

"Bomi..."

She took a deep breath. "Anyway, I noticed you hang out a lot with her."

I raised an eyebrow. "And?"

She smiled. "I think it's doing you good."

"What? Why?"