Chapter 23

Chapter 23 | D-DAY
CHORONG'S POV

will you come to my debut showcase? it's next week.

I stared at the message too long that another message came up.

changsub:
it would be nice to have you there.

For some reason, I felt panic rise through me. I don't know how to reply anymore. I don't know if I'm ready to see him yet againㅡbecause if I decided to see him again, I want to be ready, I want to be sincerely happy for him. I want us to step over the boundaries, and I'm not sure if it's time yet.

I began to overthink things. Changsub is going to be a celebrity soon. Will things be okay between us? Will he be allowed to spend time with me? Will we be okay in public?

Bana Entertainment is one of the top agencies in South Korea. I know that Changsub's career is going nowhere but up. What if I eventually ruin that for him?

I realized, there I was againㅡscared.

I am so tired of feeling scared. For once, I just want to dive into it all without thinking about the danger it could bring.

#

Five days before Changsub's debut, news about him is all over the internet. They have released a clip of his music video and many people online are freaking out about how beautiful his voice is. I couldn't help feeling proud of him.

#

Changsub:

Peniel and I sat in Bana Entertainment's coffee shop to monitor the release of the music video's teaser, and the whole video itself on his laptop.

We have coffee in our hands. In the past several days, Peniel and I developed a friendship between the shoots. He's a nice young man and is always polite towards me. Unlike Sungjae, but I know that's because the latter has known me forever.

That day, though, I was surprised to see Oh Hayoung in the coffee shop, and was even more surprised when she gave Peniel a kiss on his cheek.

"Changsub oppa!" she called in recognition, "I did hear Peniel oppa is working with you. It's really nice!"

"Yeah," I said, still letting this sink into my head. "Are you guys... dating?"

Peniel smiled coyly. "Yeah," he replied.

"Wait, Peniel, are you in college?" I asked, dumbfounded.

He shook his head. "No! But I graduated two years ago."

"And you're this successful now?" I asked in awe.

Again, he smiled coyly. "Well, I guess I got lucky..."

Hayoung grinned. "He's amazing, isn't he, Changsub oppa?"

I smiled, "Yeah."

"Congrats on your upcoming debut, oppa. I hope we could hang out with Chorong eonni soon. I'll bring Peniel with me."

I smiled again. This might make Sungjae cry watermelons, I thought.

#

MY SCHEDULE IS PACKED.

Jiyong gave me a copy of fansign events for my album sales, and to meet fans. I have three in a week. I'll have to perform on music shows from Tuesday to Sunday. I would be filming about the making of my album after a week since my album would be released.