CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER.2

You took a glimpse of Jungkook's sight before walking back and forth near the living room. All you had in mind was to somehow get close to him, but the thought of being a nuisance made you reluctant about this option. He gazed up in your direction as you chose to sit on the other extremity of the couch. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad? Maybe you could finally get to know more about him. That was your initial thought as you noticed his behavior. His eyes were fixated on the screen and his body was glued to the couch until he felt your weight shifting on the other side.

Just as if it was on cue, the boy stood up from his seat.

Just as expected, his fluffy hair raised with him as he suddenly stood up from his seat and you were pouting like there was no tomorrow.

"Where are you going?" you furrowed your brows cutely "Leaving somewhere again?" You sighed

Jungkook felt taken aback by your actions as he stared back at you. Your sudden tendency to ask him so many questions, made him doubt things he never thought he would. You rarely asked him such questions nor did you ever questioned him about anything. This previous situation was what made his life easier for the past year and a half, therefore, your new curiosity towards him was bound to make him feel uncomfortable.

Why do I feel like she's trying to get closer to me nowadays? Is she....perhaps worried about me? He pondered in his head

"Don't go out, Jungkook, let's have a roommate night together, huh?" you smiled at him as you pulled on his sleeve " I want to spend some time with you...we rarely talk"

He stared at you, his cute brown eyes gazing into your wavering ones, before answering your question. A stutter was what came out of his lips.

"W-With me?" He processed what just came out of your mouth

Is it my imagination? Of course, it is JEON JUNGKOOK, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! Y/N is a nice girl and she gets worried about everyone, why would you be an exception to the rule? Jungkook ruffled his hair as he scolded himself for believing such a thing

"H-Hey" you stood up as you waved your hand in front of his face "Jungkookie...are you ok?" you tilted your head to the side as your ponytail followed along

She's too good for you anyways. While you ignore her like an asshole, she actually makes an effort to cook you breakfast and even bothers to ask you how was your day....and damn, her eyes ....can't she stop staring at me like that? I feel like I'm slowly losing it, Jungkook's brains processed as he stared into your beautiful eyes

Why was he holding back from you? That, no one would ever know except the guy himself. His mysterious aura and kindness were what enticed you to know more about him, yet the boy always felt so distant to you. It was as if a wall was built to separate both of you and the one who engineered that wall was none other than Jungkook himself. Getting closer to him was your new objective. He made you curious. Why was he distant and why would he hate the idea of getting close to you?

Oops...maybe I went a bit too far...Why did I ask him such a weird thing, when he's barely home most of the time!! You don't know him Y/N, stop assuming things! Maybe he hates the idea of being around you, you reprimand yourself

Seeing him on campus, having a blast alongside his friends from the soccer team, never meant that you knew him for who he really was. Jungkook looked like a cool guy when hanging out with his friends in the hallways or on the basketball court, and that image of his disappeared as soon as he walked through that dorm of yours. The boy always seemed lively, energetic and excited while strolling alongside other friends on campus, but why was it that he had to become stiff and dull as soon as his body was in the same perimeter as you? All matters aside, you still gathered your courage to stay with him. Maybe watching a movie with him will help you bond in a better way?