CHAPTER 19

Agency Headquarters, Hidden underground side of Sin Town, 11:35 PM

You gulped on your saliva as his question took you off guard.

"Who is this Jackson guy and what does he have to do with me?" Jungkook's piercing gaze could cut anyone in half

"Can I answer this question?" Aerin pressed her back against the wall, fluttering her doll-like eyes

"No. You stay quiet" Jungkook hushed the younger girl before turning his attention back to you, raising a curious brow "I want to hear it from her."

"I-I..." you were flabbergasted as this was the last thing you expected from him to ask

You already hurt his feelings enough, what if you were to hurt him further by telling him that Jackson was the one ordering you around on top of it? Jungkook was not the kind to avoid confrontations unless someone was messing with his loved ones or privacy, which would mean that he would confront Wang Jackson after learning about who he was exactly, and this was the last thing you needed.

"Cat's got your tongue?" Jungkook, stood up, staring at you as he tilted your chin with his long fingers, making you stare into his dark orbs "I'm pretty sure you're in no position to be hesitating right now, Y/N." he furrowed his brows "The least I expect from you is a decent explanation...because you owe me that" he noticed you turning your face to the side, once again avoiding his eyes "Don't you think?"

Jungkook was ready to get rid of the immense wall of lies created within the time span he was around you, no matter what it would take. He wanted to take into consideration your feelings and your position in the situation. You were possibly a victim like him, yet he didn't want to get his trust betrayed a second time, and the best way to prevent this situation from happening again was to confront you and set all romance aside. His kingdom's future was in potential danger and only, he had the power to expose who was after him and possibly the throne.

"I-It's..." your lips trembled "J-Jackson is... J-Jackson is....he is..."

"Take your time. I'll be staying here all night if it's needed" Jungkook sighed as grabbed the chair to sit once again

"Then, I'll stay too" Aerin grinned as she hid behind Jungkook

"No one is staying here overnight. A-All of us will desert headquarters before the clock hits midnight, understood?" you replied as you recalled Jin's words and the fact that Jackson gave you the exact same deadline to complete your mission

"Then just spill it, Y/N..." Jungkook replied "We'll end up graduating before you say it at this rate" he rubbed his temples "Just tell me the truth...please?"

"I'm nervous okay! I don't know what you're going to do with this information." you held your arms closer to your body

"What do you mean? I'm going to take the matter in hands and protect whatever I have to protect, that's what I'm going to do." He raised a brow "You said you needed help, didn't you? And I need to solve what's left of this icky situation before it gets any worse."

"Yes...but not like this" you nibbled on your bottom lip "I didn't think you would want to take the lead..."

"Well, we're not in a perfect world and I absolutely will take the lead to fix this whole situation because it's about me" he replied before showcasing his irritated side in his next comment "And why do you have to protect that Jackson guy so much?"

"Why would I ever want to protect Jackson?!" you rolled your eyes

"I don't know, you tell me" he crossed his arms over his chest, obviously upset